facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Sneezles and a RT2..

• Sneezles61
  • Sneezles61's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic Sneezles and a RT2..

I’ve been out in the garage messin’ with shining up the dirty casing… alot of elbow grease! I have a bunch of 320 paper…  I’ll see if I can find paper for my shaker (oscillator) gizmo and be able to save me buying a truck load of elbow grease…
sneezles61
Last edit: 12 Aug 2022 12:02 by Sneezles61.
12 Aug 2022 12:01 #81

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by AirborneSilva on topic Sneezles and a RT2..

320 is way to coarse, I'd go with 600.  I used a buffing wheel on the drill and grey cutting compound followed by white fine compound, didn't sand it at all.

2023 Tenere T7
1976 DT400C
1975 DT400
1981 DT175H
1972 DT2 250
1980 GT80
1972 JT2
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Quartermaster35, Sneezles61
12 Aug 2022 12:09 #82

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Sneezles61
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

My cases are really dirty… but I found the 320 cleans off the bad stuff, then I switched to finer paper.. work my way up the grit…
Your cases are beautiful… I hope this winter I can spend a bunch more time on mine… I’ll take the engine right and work on the bench… that paper also helps when dressing frets on guitars.. removes the file scratches…
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: AirborneSilva
12 Aug 2022 12:49 #83

Replied by AirborneSilva on topic Sneezles and a RT2..

Thanks Sneezles, I've gone over them a couple of times with Flitz which has shined them up a bit more.  Would like to see yours when they are done.  I've also since painted the Yamaha with black nail polish, got that from another person here, I think Enduronut posted that, worked out great. 
2023 Tenere T7
1976 DT400C
1975 DT400
1981 DT175H
1972 DT2 250
1980 GT80
1972 JT2
12 Aug 2022 13:52 #84

• Sneezles61
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Seems I’m having a hard time posting pictures… worked on my MacBook… can’t figure out the iPad….
I’ll use the black nail polish.
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: AirborneSilva
12 Aug 2022 16:32 #85

Replied by Brzn on topic Sneezles and a RT2..

Well… I’ll be replacing my clutch cable… it’ll be here next week. It has a nasty kink and I believe it’s really stretching the cable and not fully disengaging the clutch…
I looks as though it has been routed down the left side clock, tucked under the hull of the fuel tank, above the rubber tank bumper then onto it’s appointed spot…
I don’t believe that’s correct.. This bike only has 3900 miles on it… I don’t feel the need to start looking at the clutch assembly just yet… Could any of you clarify the cable routing? I would be very thankful!
Sneezles61

Here's a pic of how my clutch and tach cables were routed when I took the tank off my DT2 last Fall. Pretty sure these were the originals and the previous (original) owner hadn't replaced them.

The sleeved one is the clutch cable.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
Last edit: 13 Aug 2022 13:01 by Brzn.
13 Aug 2022 13:01 #86

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Sneezles61
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Thank you Brzn!
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Brzn
14 Aug 2022 04:21 #87

• Sneezles61
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

So, last Thursday I ordered the brass clutch actuator from KDI… holy OMG.. it showed up today!! A bit of looking and a very handy vice… it is installed… new cable… put it together and it is alot easier to pull! So, I put on the “ newer” fuel tank… a bit of monkeying around… and time fer a ride around the neighborhood, halfway around… the spark arrestor/screen gizmo shoots off… man was that a very snappy sounding exhaust! I’m saying, it would make my ears rap! My neighbor was following… he saw it fly out. Did I say it was quite hot? A little further and it was stumbling…. Got it home. The petcock was the culprit.. it would trickle in the on position.. flow well in reserve. So a bit of messing and using compressed air.. I dislodged a hunk of gunk… new fuel filter… then company over.. well, tomorrow I’ll go for a ride… close to home until I feel I’ve got the bugs worked out… it’s so close now!
Sneezles61 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, AirborneSilva
16 Aug 2022 19:43 #88

Replied by RT325 on topic Sneezles and a RT2..

Great story & look forward to the next instalment. As we used to say when going for a ride on something unknown--Stay on the Bus Route--might need a ride home.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, AirborneSilva, Sneezles61
16 Aug 2022 20:11 #89

• Sneezles61
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Use Homer Simpson’s. Duh!
When the bike is in the riding position… there was barely enough gas to get half way on my ride… then, the “on” tube sucked enough gas to starve… hence the reserve worked…
So as I thought I dislodged a hunk of gunk from the “on” tube… the bike on the kick stand now had enough fuel to do as it should! DUH! It’s still fun tinkering with these bikes.
Sneezles61
17 Aug 2022 07:17 #90

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart