facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Sneezles and a RT2..

Replied by adguy2112 on topic Sneezles and a RT2..

So funny...the correct aluminum (aluminium) front wheel just came up in my searches and it’s in the same town where I live. Kismet!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
Last edit: 10 Nov 2021 09:22 by adguy2112. Reason: Spelling
10 Nov 2021 09:21 #51

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sneezles61
  • Sneezles61's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic Sneezles and a RT2..

Oh Geez... you have it in yer possession?
Sneezles61
10 Nov 2021 14:18 #52

• Sneezles61
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Now I got a bike in a basket... DT250 '74... I just brought it home today... and just seeing what I have... and don't... I see I'll be searching for parts... 
The top end is apart... The piston and cylinder look good... so I'm confused as to why would it be apart.. There over 6000 miles on the speedo... but then the speedo and the tach weren't hooked up... The left side clutch lever is curled right around.. I don't think the fly wheel cover is the same "patina" as the rest of the block.. and the sprocket cover is but a few pieces.. the shifter is bent back toward the foot peg.. no muffler..
I think it was dumped over pretty badly.. 
  I'll pull the engine out of the frame to start with and get to putting it back together.. Any thoughts about what I should look for... being I'm still learning about these machines..
Sneezles61
16 Nov 2021 14:51 #53

• Sneezles61
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

March finally here... the sub zero stuff is about  behind us... I stopped at a shop just south of me that has a Yamaha sign... Walked in to see what they can do... No borings and such, thats sent out... but the 2 folks that are cert. by Yamaha claim they can get parts for my old stuff.. Good news to hear... I will be digging the old gray mule out right after maple sap has been collected... I put them to the test. I'll stay optimistic!
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: hackman101
04 Mar 2022 13:57 #54

• Sneezles61
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

I have a new back sprocket... Tires are on the way... Time to get under way.. Looking close.. I see the rear rim is cracked.. Thats a bummer. Wait.. I went to see about the DT250A(bike in a box I mentioned above) rear wheel... The hubs are a match!! So now I'll get both bikes up and remove the rear wheels and swap them.. Nice... 
Then I got looking at fuel tanks.. RT2 has an MX tank, pointed out by GR8-Al.. This DT250A has the flip top one... Huh... The MX holds 6.0 liters... The DT holds 6.5 liters... AND.. they share the same parts numbers.. I'll verify the DT tank is good, then some paint to match the RT color scheme.. Just swapping some things..
Sneezles61 
11 Apr 2022 14:30 #55

• Sneezles61
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Could one of you fine folks post a picture of how a fuel tank is secured at the seat area on a RT2? Mine has never had a connection of any sorts... And its different than my DT250A... The RT2 has a pin that more or less horizontal, where as the DT is vertical... welded too.. The click pictures on partzilla isn't very clear... 
Sneezles61
14 Apr 2022 05:31 #56

Replied by Brzn on topic Sneezles and a RT2..

Here's a pic from my DT2

I bought the rubber strap from KDI Repros. The end holes in the strap go over the mushroom head pin and the strap wraps around the outside of the frame. I bought the little cloth piece off eBay that's used to pull up on the rubber strap to lay it in the hook piece at the rear of the tank to hold it down. I can't imagine your RT2 would be any different than my DT2.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: AirborneSilva
Last edit: 15 Apr 2022 08:20 by Brzn.
15 Apr 2022 08:20 #57

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Sneezles61
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Thank You! That picture answers my question.. Mines been just sitting there.. If the seat was up, the wind could blow it off! Clowning there..
 Off to KDI for a few more gizmos.. Again, Thank You!
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Brzn
15 Apr 2022 12:50 #58

• Sneezles61
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

The RT2 rear tire is mounted, and both wheel locks are as they should be.. New brake shoes. I see some grease zirks that my usual grease gun doesn't fit... BUT, I have a small grease gun for the tip of a chain saw that works just fine.. Fits in the tiny hole with the BB..
Well, the rear fender is now off.. It will get a light blasting and new paint.. I ordered some rubber pieces from KDI as all the rubber pieces associated with the rear fender were pretty much toast.. Its still quite cold and raining here so I have a few more days to tinker... I hope next W/E I can see how much speed I gained with the new, smaller sprocket.. Oh, and a new chain.. I hope some time in July I can tackle the front wheel and forks.. 
  Looks like KDI will be my best friend with many parts for this old grey mule..
Sneezles61

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Schu, Ht1kid, Tom P
29 Apr 2022 07:58 #59

Replied by RT325 on topic Sneezles and a RT2..

Reminds me of grease nipples everywhere on early Yamahas & on the Lanscouts [or might've been Hondas we sold then] Mr Farmer would see a grease nipple & pump it untill grease showed up somewhere--fill the brake drum was a favourite from the brake cam nipple haha. All good in theory but not in practice.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
Last edit: 29 Apr 2022 17:13 by RT325.
29 Apr 2022 17:12 #60

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart