facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

Replied by AirborneSilva on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome from the Space Coast of Florida. You can find lot's of great information in the tech library, check the link up top.
2023 Tenere T7
1976 DT400C
1975 DT400
1981 DT175H
1972 DT2 250
1980 GT80
1972 JT2
09 Jan 2023 15:02 #1241

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Ht1kid on topic And just who do you think you are?

Greetings from Tennessee.  

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

09 Jan 2023 21:16 #1242

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic And just who do you think you are?

from near Salisbury, UK.
09 Jan 2023 23:47 #1243

Replied by 1974dt100 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Well, my apologies…

my name is Art Evans. Grew up in Lima Peru in the 70s. My first motorcycle was a Honda CT70.  I already finished restoring one. My second one was a 1974 DT100 and I am in the process of restoring on of those. Didn’t ride much after selling that bike in 77. Life found me in Miami in the 80s and started riding MX. Now I am too old to ride MX but enjoy putting around on those childhood motorcycles.  
10 Jan 2023 02:37 #1244

Replied by asco on topic And just who do you think you are?

Sometimes, I get confused as to who I am
probably attributed to Yama-Lube and Coke cocktails…..

a
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
12 Jan 2023 04:27 #1245

Replied by msavitt on topic And just who do you think you are?

welcome from OC CA
congrads on the bike running
assuming your trans oil isn't leaking into the crankshaft space, too much smoke could just be a by product of sitting too long and having injector oil leak in over time.  Before you do too much you might want to ride the daylights out of it as getting it really hot and breathing for a good period of time could clear it out,...kinda like me after the holidays!  
12 Jan 2023 10:28 #1246

Replied by Vinduroman on topic And just who do you think you are?

A proselyte here... AND... a prodigal son, of sorts. (From eastern, Oklahoma.)

I've been a snooty lover of European enduro bikes for decades. Never gave much thought to the "lowly" Yamaha Enduro line until a couple/three years ago.

That's when Wild Child the wife ended up with an AT3. She loved it... and it introduced me to what the Yamaha Enduro line was all about: Durable, solid, and USER FRIENDLY bikes.

Shucks, I would take out the AT3 and ride it around town because it was such a fun little scoot!

Anyway, Wild Child fully embraced the '21 KLX 140L Dual Sport I built for her and the AT3 became surplus. (She does NOT have a thing for vintage, she only loved the AT3 because of its low seat height, low center of gravity, smooth power and the E-START!)

I thought about retaining the AT3 for myself, but it sat awfully low at about 28" seat height, so I concurred on the sale and went forward with the sale proceedings for her AT3. (She put over 1000 miles on the little AT3, and we made money on it when it sold!)

Then reality hit me in the face (due to a dirt biking friend's incident he mentioned while eating lunch), and I came away rethinking my "Geezer Bikes" that I have been putting into the stable. I have an XT225 that was to be my "lower and lighter" dual sport bike (the taller/heavier 2012 WR250R will be sold come spring), and was going to ride my very light and low vinduro bikes to scratch my vinduro itch. I figured these bikes would get me to the finish line of my nigh life-long bike journey that's out there somewhere.

BUT...

That friend's story involved a vintage bike friend of his that could no longer kick start his bikes (joint issues) and had to rely on other riders to start it for him. He was only in his mid-70s.

Rethink: I can probably kick the Zundapp at 80 years old (I'm nearing 71 years of age), but I had my doubts about the high compression (12:1), short kick lever DKW w/Sachs power. My other bike vinduro bike kicks easy, but weighs a whopping 245 lbs DRY. Besides, the Zundapp and DKW are "race type" bikes and have the personalities to match.

I took another look at Yamaha's Enduro line as a potential bike for myself as a vintage "Geezer Bike" to hedge my bets as I continue to age. (I really enjoy riding vintage enduro bikes and hope to continue to do so as I age.)

Ended up with a very nice '75 DT125. I intend for this bike to be with me for the long haul to help carry my bony azz over my riding journey finish line that's out there in the distance somewhere. It has a good seat height 30"-31"), low center of gravity, durable, easy to kick AND... e-start,

SO, there you have it. I'm a convert to Yamaha Enduros, and I'm a prodigal in that I'm returning back to Yamaha after the sale of Wild Child's AT3. This time around, I fully intend to have a Yamaha Enduro in the stable until the day comes that I can't ride.

Ride 'til you rot!

V-man
'71 Zundapp GS125
'72 DKW GS125
'72 CZ 175 Trail
'75 Yamaha DT125B
'02 Yamaha XT225
'12 Yamaha WR250R
'21 KLX 140L DS (Wild Child's!)
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, 2fishkev, MACE6772, Ht1kid
Last edit: 12 Jan 2023 10:51 by Vinduroman.
12 Jan 2023 10:47 #1247

Replied by Duck on topic And just who do you think you are?

Just a quick hello from SW England.

After a long search I picked up a 75 DT400 last week as my latest project, I had to have a 2 stroke to go with my 2 thumpers a first year DR800 and an XL600LMF. The DT is a joy to move around without the 28 litres of fuel in the tank which my thumpers take!
The bike naturally needs a fair bit of work which I am looking forward to carrying out. For once the bike is almost complete so no searching the world for unobtainable parts.
Strip down already started.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C.
08 Mar 2023 21:30 #1248

This message has an attachment image.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic And just who do you think you are?

from near Salisbury, on the Dorset/Wiltshire border.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Duck
08 Mar 2023 23:47 #1249

Replied by AirborneSilva on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome from the Space Coast of Florida, great looking bike!
2023 Tenere T7
1976 DT400C
1975 DT400
1981 DT175H
1972 DT2 250
1980 GT80
1972 JT2
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Duck
09 Mar 2023 01:32 #1250

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart