facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

And just who do you think you are?

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic And just who do you think you are?

Welcome! from the UK Gorilla!
04 May 2020 01:10 #881

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Commando on topic And just who do you think you are?

Picked up the bike yesterday. It's 'rough as guts', as they say in Australia. Comes with a box of spares, mostly a complete AG175 minus the frame.
Unloaded it at home and had fun with some spare tanks and seats I have laying around. Won't get started on it right away, have to finish reorganising the garage and then fix a couple things on my Norton first. But looking forward to some fun trail riding in the future.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: KennyV, Tex
Last edit: 16 May 2020 18:20 by Commando. Reason: Pictures didn't upload
16 May 2020 18:18 #882

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by cdsmith918 on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hey everyone. New member here. I’m 18 years old and new to the world of Yamaha bikes. I’ve always been into engines and mechanics, and am about to study mechanical engineering in college. A few years ago I bought a puch moped and restored it. Ever since then I have fallen in love with 2 stroke bikes. I wanted something a little bigger for my next project, so I picked up a yamaha 1976 DT175. It’s in rough shape, just how I like it. I’m just getting into the restoration right now and will probably have lots of questions, so i appreciate any help anyone can give me. Here’s some pics of my new bike!!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
16 May 2020 20:20 #883

Welcome! from the UK and nice find.

I look forward to seeing how the resto (and your education!) progresses.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: cdsmith918
17 May 2020 00:45 #884

Replied by mdscott on topic And just who do you think you are?

Commando, when you get a chance you can post photos of you Norton in the “other bike “ section. I have a Norton also, MK3 Interstate.

:Buds
Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'03 ST1300
'75 Norton
'73 CB500K
'81 Honda CT110
'87 PW50
'64 McClane Edger
'02 Honda XR70R
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Commando
17 May 2020 07:57 #885

Replied by pcdarks on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi I'm from Utah and new to yamaha 2 strokes. I have had bigger bikes and raced on our 2.2-4.5 mile track at Utahmotorcampus www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Utahmotorcampus. This is a world class road race track that has hosted World Superbikes in the past. It's easy to get up to 150mph on my little 600 and the bigger liter bikes can hit 180. The virus is killing the racing here due to the expense of renting the track vs entries. One thing that is really starting to build is what we call mini moto on the smaller kart track. www.minimotollc.com/.It's around .9 of a mile and is perfect for smaller bikes. I put a set of Shinko 244 golden boys on my DT175 and will be taking it out on the racetrack. It should be a blast as top speed in the straight is 45-50mph. We have a race series that you can put just about anything out there. My DT is going to be quite competitive I think.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, t-bone, Steve F, KennyV
Last edit: 17 May 2020 08:27 by pcdarks. Reason: insert
17 May 2020 08:14 #886

Welcome!
17 May 2020 08:43 #887

Replied by road2blue on topic And just who do you think you are?

Some time around 1978 or early 1979 my dad bought a pretty new motorcycle....a. Yamaha DT400 "monoshock." It was street legal (lights, speedometer, registration) and it was "my ride" in highschool during the week but on weekends and summer, it was his and I rode his old one (a 1971 360...pure dirt). After I left home, my brothers used that bike, and it kicked around...ended up at my brother's place for many years. Today it came home....hadn't run in about 15 years but after 5 or 6 kicks it fired up and I took it for a spin. Needs a bit of work (lol) but it still runs. Enjoy the "once upon a time" and "what life" pictures attached....good to have her home!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, mdscott, Badger52, yamahahaha, pcdarks
17 May 2020 19:53 #888

Welcome! from the UK and a great story.

You might want to think about changing that seat though!:EEEK :ROFLOL
18 May 2020 00:15 #889

Replied by RobGray on topic And just who do you think you are?

Hi!

I'm Rob, I've been interested in 2 strokes for many years and dualsports for a few years, already having a few vintage outboards and race boats I've built. 6 months ago I built one of those cheap chinese 2 stroke motorized bikes to test the waters for getting a motorcycle and was sold after the first ride that they are for me.
A few months back I picked up a 72 LT2 100, and a 76 DT100 as a pair, both fairly complete, but pretty rough, with the plan to build one good bike out of the two. They were bought rushed and in the dark (I know, both are bad ideas) and I hadn't looked at them since due to school, only finally starting to work on them today.
I've got a lot of experience under my belt from other projects so I'm pretty comfortable going into this project, but I know that information about these old bikes can be hard to find so I'm ecstatic to have found this site!

Looking forward to getting one of these bikes (likely the LT2) back on the road this summer!

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C., MarkT, darinm
21 May 2020 20:30 #890

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart