facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

×

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Tires

  • Posts: 1
  • Likes received: 0

Tires was created by DaveM

I understand everyone has an opinion on tires, but what I am looking for is a STREET tire. I ride my little XT200 all over town. I have ridden it 12 years and during that time the closest I have been to a trail is someone’s gravel lane. So with this reality in mind, what recommendations do you have? In my search for appropriate tires, the XT’s tall 21” front tire is where I’m coming up short.
05 Oct 2026 17:00 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 14952
  • Likes received: 11274

Replied by MarkT on topic Tires

The modern XT250 I had came with tires that were far more suited for street than trail.  Bridgestone TW301

There seem to be quite a few 21" front "street only" tires if that's what you want.

 
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
05 Oct 2026 22:09 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadmin, Makotosun, DEET, Vinnie, James Hart