facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

×

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

GT80 Tuning advice

  • Gate88
  • Gate88's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 17
  • Likes received: 1

GT80 Tuning advice was created by Gate88

My '75 GT80 restoration is pretty much complete but there's one thing that I'd like some advice on.

I've refurbed the carb, new jets etc and set the fuel/idle screws to the factory settings but it doesn't start from cold with the choke on. It starts first kick without the choke and idles nicely all the way to warm & it rides ok so I'm not sure if I need to play around with the screw adjustments so it needs choke or just leave it as it is. 
05 Oct 2026 11:23 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 14950
  • Likes received: 11273

Replied by MarkT on topic GT80 Tuning advice

Were the "new jets" out of a carb kit?  I'm guessing yes because I don't think original jets are easy to find for the TK carbs.  

That's probably the reason?  But if it runs good hot and cold, then it should be fine.  
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
05 Oct 2026 14:01 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadmin, Makotosun, DEET, Vinnie, Mini Enduro Man, James Hart