facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

×

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Hi from Eastern Oklahoma

  • Txnathan
  • Txnathan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
  • Posts: 1
  • Likes received: 0

Hi from Eastern Oklahoma was created by Txnathan

Hi all,

Nathan from eastern Oklahoma and new to the forum. Just picked up a new to me 1970 Yamaha DT1. Largely original and complete. I’ve had bike off and on over the years but nothing like this. I wanted something vintage and fun to restore and put around on once in a while. I was looking for a project and not a ready to go. After first glance it’s only missing a couple of items. Speedo/tach, rear brake light and the front brake lever. Kicks over well and has decent but not measured compression. Rolls fine. I hear the carb slide moving when I flick the throttle. Overall I’m happy with the adventure. My biggest concern right out of the gate is the fuel tank. It’s got a soft spot and pin holes on the top of all places right by the seat. Seems like an odd place to rust out unless it spent a lot of time upside down. I’m curious what you collectively advise on a repair for that? Just de rust and seal then putty over and paint or cut out the section me weld a patch first.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
05 Oct 2026 17:52 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadmin, Makotosun, DEET, Vinnie, James Hart