×
Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)
Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.
Makotosun
Unwanted new bike purchase.
- pahiker
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Elite Member
-
- Posts: 199
- Likes received: 158
Unwanted new bike purchase. was created by pahiker
Got rear ended on my Triumph Tiger, at fault driver hit me at ~50 mph. Shot me over the top of the car in front and landed on the second car in front of me. Considering the impact, injuries aren't as bad as expected, multiple vertebrae with small fractures, small fracture on left elbow and assorted other minor but painful injuries. Hurrah for a quality helmet and CE level 2 back protector, my PCP said when she looked at the accident description she expected to see more severe injuries. Wear yer gear! Just picked up a Yamaha Tracer 9, nice sport tourer. A bit lighter than the Tiger, but hard bags don't hold quite as much. Only have 80+ miles due to rainy weather, but looking forward to racking up many miles before winter sets in.
This image is hidden for guests.
This image is hidden for guests.
This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
1973 Yamaha RT3
2024 Suzuki DR650
2026 Yamaha Tracer 9
2024 Suzuki DR650
2026 Yamaha Tracer 9
27 Sep 2026 09:07
#1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dogboy
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
- Posts: 63
- Likes received: 23
Replied by Dogboy on topic Unwanted new bike purchase.
glad it wasn't any worse than it was. glad your doing good.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: pahiker
27 Sep 2026 09:28
#2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Schu
-
- Offline
- Site Supporter
-
- Posts: 1797
- Likes received: 2239
Replied by Schu on topic Unwanted new bike purchase.
Whoa……..
No matter how good you are at riding on the road you just can’t do much for being rear ended. I added the pulsing brake light chip to my SCR950 because I did a lot of commuting. So many distracted drivers. It’s the main reason I sold my SCR and now I simply enjoy backroads on my enduros. I added a Brake Free helmet light even though I just ride the backroads. Glad you weren’t injured any worse. Take it easy and heal up.
No matter how good you are at riding on the road you just can’t do much for being rear ended. I added the pulsing brake light chip to my SCR950 because I did a lot of commuting. So many distracted drivers. It’s the main reason I sold my SCR and now I simply enjoy backroads on my enduros. I added a Brake Free helmet light even though I just ride the backroads. Glad you weren’t injured any worse. Take it easy and heal up.
Schu
CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, CT2, RT3, DT360A (2), GT80B, DT100B, DT125B, DT175B, DT175C, DT250B (2), DT400B, Z50
Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, CT2, RT3, DT360A (2), GT80B, DT100B, DT125B, DT175B, DT175C, DT250B (2), DT400B, Z50
Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
The following user(s) Liked this Post: pahiker
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- MarkT
-
- Offline
- Site Supporter
-
- Posts: 14944
- Likes received: 11263
Replied by MarkT on topic Unwanted new bike purchase.
Wow. It truly is amazing you weren't hurt worse! Really sorry to hear you got hurt at all. That car is totalled!!!
All the best for a speedy and complete recovery!!!
All the best for a speedy and complete recovery!!!
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: pahiker
27 Sep 2026 12:29
#4
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- pabdt
-
- Online
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 874
- Likes received: 627
Replied by pabdt on topic Unwanted new bike purchase.
Couldn’t see pic but I keep picturing that iron man cobra. Hope you have a great recovery.
════════════════════════════
1969 Yamaha CT1 175
1969 Yamaha DT1S 250
1973 Yamaha DT3 250
1974 Yamaha DT125A
1974 Yamaha DT360A with SP96 Exhaust
*The End ... Next Up Honda XL 250.
1969 Yamaha CT1 175
1969 Yamaha DT1S 250
1973 Yamaha DT3 250
1974 Yamaha DT125A
1974 Yamaha DT360A with SP96 Exhaust
*The End ... Next Up Honda XL 250.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: pahiker
27 Sep 2026 13:40
#5
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Ht1kid
-
- Offline
- Site Supporter
-
- Posts: 1647
- Likes received: 983
Replied by Ht1kid on topic Unwanted new bike purchase.
I’m thankful that you survived that kind of impact hope you have a speedy recovery.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, pahiker
27 Sep 2026 21:21
#6
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Reed valve Richards
-
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 350
- Likes received: 199
Replied by Reed valve Richards on topic Unwanted new bike purchase.
Very nasty, glad you are recovering
Yo Joe, Go Joe
The following user(s) Liked this Post: pahiker
27 Sep 2026 21:26
#7
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Phyllo
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
- Posts: 147
- Likes received: 67
Replied by Phyllo on topic Unwanted new bike purchase.
Wow! Glad you are "mostly" OK! That pic looks really bad!
I have an Icon fully armored warm weather jacket that I pretty much always wear, along with a Bell helmet, boots and gloves. Sometimes it's a pita to get geared up, but seeing something like this makes me think it's worth the effort.
I can't help but think of the shock of the driver whose car you landed on...
I have an Icon fully armored warm weather jacket that I pretty much always wear, along with a Bell helmet, boots and gloves. Sometimes it's a pita to get geared up, but seeing something like this makes me think it's worth the effort.
I can't help but think of the shock of the driver whose car you landed on...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: pahiker
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: yamadmin, Makotosun, DEET, Vinnie, James Hart
