facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Just Pics.

Replied by DT Tim on topic Just Pics.

Luckily I had just visited my son, three miles away, I left his and within 500 yards it just stopped. Kick start was solid, so pushed back to my sons, got a lift home to collect my trailer.
28 Jan 2021 23:49 #641

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic Just Pics.

Hmmmm. A 'son bails out father' story! Nice variation on a theme. Usually it's a 'father bails out son' story! :Ugh
The following user(s) Liked this Post: shyted, DT Tim
29 Jan 2021 07:44 #642

Replied by Schu on topic Just Pics.

I know the mass majority of vintage Enduro buffs prefer the badge bikes, but the DT400B is one BadA$$ looking motorcycle.

Edit:
Just noticed your pre-engine failure post was #666 :blush:
Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
Last edit: 29 Jan 2021 09:28 by Schu.
29 Jan 2021 09:25 #643

Replied by mx360guy on topic Just Pics.

Hi dezsled,
I saw your post asking about my pic. That was in Bear Bear on looking at the Lucern Valley pretty far from the lake. There is remains of an old mining rigs there. You can probably find something if you Google around. Anyways Big Bear is a great place for duel sporting. I have neglected my trusty SP for awhile and I am currently waiting for carb parts to get here to get'er running like the old days. A really cool place that I would like to ride again is Azana Borrego State Park. There are lots of great places to ride there and see interesting stuff like slot canyons and wild flower fields, crazy metal sculptures of dinosaurs. Right next to Ocotillo Wells State OHV area. I go to Barstow; Stoddard Valley, most of the time because its closer for me. I am in West Covina.I usally park at the Tanger Outlet Center and ride around there. Good place to shake down the bikes without getting to far out in sticks and break down because you forgot to tighten something..It would be really cool to meet up with some folks and do a ride. I would love to create an event out in Barstow like a poker run or fun ride of some sort. There is lots of flat area to park. There are stores, gas stations, restaurants, hotels. its very convenient. Lets do it! My bikes are down at the moment but working on them to get them up ASAP! Lets do it!
30 Jan 2021 06:01 #644

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Rick C. on topic Just Pics.

6N21 eh?
Never heard of it ! :ROFLOL

Actually It is in our neighborhood. T-Bone's bike.
3 of us are located in Santa Clarita Cal.
Everybody hangs out in my garage. :EEEK
The following user(s) Liked this Post: t-bone, Pete-RT1
Last edit: 30 Jan 2021 10:18 by Rick C..
30 Jan 2021 09:51 #645

This message has an attachment image.

Replied by dezsled on topic Just Pics.

hi rick c. and mx360guy - it looks like our posts are overlapping (probably due to my lack of posting skills) in any event i've ridden both of the areas discussed (shown) by your posts.  mx360guy has a good idea for a desert ride ... also, a good dual sport ride is going from big bear city (e.g. starting by the airport) then down to pioneer town to pappy and hariet's for food and beer.  another good loop is from lucerne valley (interction of 247 and 18) to camp rock road then to newberry springs.  i've done both loops on my dt1 and tribsa.  let me know if this is of any interest.hi rick c. and mx360guy - it looks like our posts are overlapping (probably due to my lack of posting skills) in any event i've ridden both of the areas discussed (shown) by your posts.  mx360guy has a good idea for a desert ride ... also, a good dual sport ride is going from big bear city (e.g. starting by the airport) then down to pioneer town to pappy and hariet's for food and beer.  another good loop is from lucerne valley (interction of 247 and 18) to camp rock road then to newberry springs.  i've done both loops on my dt1 and tribsa.  let me know if this is of any interest.  

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C.
03 Feb 2021 14:33 #646

This message has attachments images.

Replied by Pete-RT1 on topic Just Pics.

Beautiful here today so I rode the CT1-C to a job this morning and found this tree looking like a giant squid.
Popped back to the job this afternoon on the RT1, I have worse Fridays

This image is hidden for guests.

Yamaha CT1-B
Yamaha CT1-C
Yamaha AT1-E
Yamaha AT1-C
Yamaha CT3
1978 Yamaha DT175MX
2020 Honda CB500X
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C., MarkT, Steve F, Mothersbaugh, shyted, Snglsmkr, darinm, KennyV, Schu, Quartermaster35, DT Tim
26 Feb 2021 09:27 #647

Replied by mwlockwood on topic Just Pics.

Morning from sunny Lincolnshire, UK.

I work away oil and gas and have been home about a month working on and off on this little 1971 CT1C.

Mostly complete minus a tach and pilot light. She was covered in silver overspray where the previous owner (perhaps Mr Kellog of Michigan on the title) painted all the fenders and forks still installed on the bike! The battery box, air box and tool holder sprayed black - STILL ON THE BIKE. Cosmetics are for the winter but for now she's all about enjoying!

I have sourced the missing plus a nice rear rack, I have replaced every gasket, seal and fluid on the bike and she's finally running well. I have had to remove the shoddy spray paint form the fenders and re do it - the original paint was trashed but the tank is all original as I'm sure you can see!

anyway enjoy the world gents. It's the only one we have.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, t-bone, Pete-RT1
25 Mar 2021 02:53 #648

• MarkT
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by MarkT on topic Just Pics.

Perfect way to start the day.

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C., t-bone, Steve F, Badger52, Snglsmkr, Pete-RT1
25 Mar 2021 18:25 #649

Replied by t-bone on topic Just Pics.

Great shot Mark!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, shyted
25 Mar 2021 18:28 #650

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart