facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Split the case and some metal balls fell out, where do they go?

Are you sure you have your clutch installed properly, it looks out too far to me. I think it should be back further to properly line up with the other gear.
2023 Tenere T7
1976 DT400C
1975 DT400
1981 DT175H
1972 DT2 250
1980 GT80
1972 JT2
05 Dec 2022 09:12 #31

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do you have all the components #16 thru #23 stacked up properly?
Once you get this right tightening the nut #23 should clamp it all up on the inner bearing race.

www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcy.../dt125a/crank-piston

Hopefully the cyclical binding is due to running the primary gears outside of the intended contact area and not a bent crank
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sherka
05 Dec 2022 09:13 #32

Or it could be that ^^^ LOL
2023 Tenere T7
1976 DT400C
1975 DT400
1981 DT175H
1972 DT2 250
1980 GT80
1972 JT2
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sherka
05 Dec 2022 09:14 #33

• Sherka
  • Sherka's Avatar Topic Author
I think the clutch is on all the way. Here’s a video to show  youtube.com/shorts/-FHYjfGpiCA?feature=share

and here is another video showing me taking apart the outer bits of 16-23. I am sure everything underneath this is correct tho
youtube.com/shorts/Ul4C8EoVuHI?feature=share

Should I run that long washer/spacer thing instead of the shorter one. I can’t seem to fit the longer one in the hole

EDIT***
just answered my own question by pushing a little harder and it went in along with checking my photos before and it was the longer one, as well as in the parts diagram… which leads me to where is the shorter one supposed to go?
Last edit: 05 Dec 2022 10:23 by Sherka.
05 Dec 2022 10:21 #34

• Sherka
The other one goes on the sprocket
05 Dec 2022 10:44 #35

The primary gear on the crankshaft has a flat side and a side with a indentation. and there is a convex washer. I believe the flat side should be in the inside and the convex washer should be installed with the inside taper towards you so it applies spring pressure when the nut is tightened. Others may come along to verify.
05 Dec 2022 12:47 #36

short spacer (smooth part) goes into seal of the output shaft, followed by the sprocket

Longer one goes under primary gear on crank.  The difference in length accounts for your excessive axial play.  Don't forget part #19 oring, which prevents oil in the transmission from getting into the crankcase via clearances between gear and crank

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
05 Dec 2022 15:28 #37

Good call! Driving home and thinking about that excessive play then remembered that spacer/collar and pulled the car over to correct my previous comment. You beat me to it. Lol
05 Dec 2022 18:17 #38

• Sherka
Thank yall for the advice as always, and don't worry I installed a new #19 oring. 

Got everything mostly back together but I'm now just waiting on the woodruff key on the armature side to arrive in the mail since my last one mysteriously disappeared into thin air... I have mounted the engine on the bike and polished up the outerbits of the engine 

I'm going to tackle taking off the rear wheel tomorrow, I haven't read the service manual or looked up how to do it, figured it would be pretty straightforward forward but it stumped me! If for some reason I can't figure out how to take it off tomorrow I'll beg yall once again for more help haha. Will update with any progress I make and or loose!

imgur.com/a/slfxCFJ
05 Dec 2022 19:33 #39

It’s so easy to lose small parts.  I’ve gotten better at finding them, most recently when one of my tank mount donuts rollout out of garage and down the street!

you will be cruising in no time, can’t wait to hear it run!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid, Sherka
05 Dec 2022 20:26 #40

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart