facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Split the case and some metal balls fell out, where do they go?

• Sherka
  • Sherka's Avatar Topic Author
Thank y'all for the info, I was confused why it leaned over so much but the bend looked almost deliberate/factory. I'll see if I can heat up that metal and bend it back straight.

I'll check the voltage regulator, thanks for the advice, Hopefully I can just adjust it!
16 Dec 2022 17:05 #101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stand lug on the frame or footrest is likely bent as well as the obvious stand bend. You'll know when you've straightened the stand. Great model 'that one' & really enjoyed mine.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid, Sherka
17 Dec 2022 13:06 #102

• Sherka
Making sure the battery isn't bad before I start messing with the regulator, the reason is cause the battery wont charge past like a max of 11.90v on its own. While hooked up with jumpers to my truck it can get to 13.5v but as soon as you take them off it drains down to 11.90v soooo maybe the battery is just faulty? I took it to AutoZone, they tested it and said it was ok but i told them to put it on the trickle charger and I'll come pick it up in a couple of hours.

I did buy like the cheapest Walmart battery with 6amp vs 7 that the factory recommends. On a decently tight budget but might have to return this one and go with a proper battery. While running it charges at about 10.5v and jumps around randmonly with rpms

www.youtube.com/shorts/sCkRTDkYdtk

Last edit: 18 Dec 2022 15:04 by MarkT. Reason: Insert video
18 Dec 2022 13:23 #103

Should be charging up around 14 volts above idle when it cuts in. Maybe a little higher in revs but 3000rpm would be charging as hard as its set to go. You can hear it cut in & charge as it feels like it put the brake on the motor--which it does sort of with an electrical break. More noticeable on the forst model AT1 electric piston port motor but same realy & just not as noticeable because the DT125E is a bit more lively. You can watch the cutout "cut in" with the lid off the Reg. You can also put a bit of finger upwards pressure under the charging thingy & watch the voltage go up & motor struggle more. That only works if its charging in the first place, which i guess its not looking at the video. I'll go read the story fully.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sherka
18 Dec 2022 13:42 #104

You don't have the leads plugged into your meter correctly.

Black wire (ground or negative post of bike battery) goes into lowest "COM" port and Red wire (positive battery terminal) goes into center "V ohm mA" port where you currently have black wire.

Meter might not be showing correct numbers since it's not connected the way it's supposed to be? (if nothing else, with red to + terminal, voltage will not be negative 10.5 volts)
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid, Sherka
18 Dec 2022 15:16 #105

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

• Sherka

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=311752074842&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

• Sherka

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=311752074842&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Talking the bike not the meter. If its charging you'll see it watching the headlight on the wall in the dark. If it will idle slow enough to get below charging, you'll see the light increase as it cuts in & adds voltage. I do it on my car too.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: AirborneSilva
19 Dec 2022 19:28 #108

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart