facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Hoping to bring my old DT 360 back from the dead

• Jack
  • Jack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Content Contributor
  • Content Contributor
The sweet sound of success! I tested the ignition coil this morning and found a problem very quickly. Testing with the cap on I couldn't get any reading at all. I unscrewed the cap and the end of the wire looked all funky so I snipped off a quarter inch and could then see a copper wire in there. I screwed the cap back on  and a few kicks later she was running. I can't even begin to describe how happy that made me. I'll probably still be running around with this silly grin on my face a week from now. 

Gotta take a moment here to say thank you to all the folks here who have shared their knowledge of these bikes over the years. The plain old truth is I couldn't have restored this bike without this site. I'm tempted to name names here but afraid of leaving some one out, there have been so many that have helped me with their knowledge, you know who you are. Thanks  so much for helping me get her going again guys.

I'm gonna let the tank paint cure out a few more days before installing it so won't be taking it for a ride till I get that installed. 

Please excuse the poor quality video, my wife recorded it and she knows as much about making videos as I do, nothing. And please ignore the old fart on the bike making a fool of himself, just listen to the bike!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

Well I've tried posting the video twice and must be doing something wrong. I pasted the link youtube gave me and it shows up at the bottom of my comment here but when I submit it dissappears. 

Got it!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Enduronut, Devin, MarkT, RT360Fan, littlemilo, Snglsmkr, darinm, Gr8uncleal, Schu, Wessi, RT3Sam, Pete-RT1, Yamadude, Andy L, arch75250, Sneezles61
Last edit: 24 Jun 2021 12:22 by Jack.
24 Jun 2021 12:06 #201

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

nicely done!
your going to love riding it, the 360 really gets up and goes!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Jack
24 Jun 2021 14:29 #202

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic Hoping to bring my old DT 360 back from the dead

You look a little like Keenan Wynn in an old episode of "Then Came Bronson" that I remember fondly...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: shyted
25 Jun 2021 04:32 #203

• Jack
  • Content Contributor
  • Content Contributor
LOL. I remember that show well. Don't think I missed too many of them. I bet you're referring to the one where the old guffer drags an old bike out of storage and gets it going again. Can't remember what it was, Indian maybe? Been too long.
25 Jun 2021 10:58 #204

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic Hoping to bring my old DT 360 back from the dead

I'm going to guess an old BSA, but you could be closer to the truth...At any rate, that IS the episode I was calling out!
25 Jun 2021 11:40 #205

• Jack
  • Content Contributor
  • Content Contributor
Way back when I first started rebuilding this I managed to break the tank lock down bracket. I've been watching ebay ever since then looking for a replacement. Outside of buying an entire tank the only one I've found is up for sale right now for 150 bucks. I don't want one that bad and will hold the cap shut with zip ties before I pay that kind of price. I don't need anything except the housing that holds the key switch, have all the springs, shims, keys, etc. Just need the housing itself. Will attach a pic of what I'm talking about. If anyone has one they'd be willing to sell let me know. 

Meanwhile I've been riding it around with a lawnmower tank that I've got bungie strapped to the handle bars. Looks pretty goofy but I'm havin a ball and getting her broke in.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
27 Jun 2021 10:16 #206

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Oh my god ! Sonic reducer ain't no useaa  
I have Sonic reducer. 
28 Jun 2021 00:14 #207

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Hoping to bring my old DT 360 back from the dead

Thought that might have been before your time, Dave! 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

28 Jun 2021 00:22 #208

No Al i was there and also went to watch the sex pistols twice and one of those times was in the States with a pen friend from Kearny in New York .
28 Jun 2021 00:30 #209

Hi Jack.
Couldn't you have a crack and manufacturing that piece out of Aero Alu as you seem quite good at making tools ?
Good job so far, it's been interesting reading.

28 Jun 2021 00:42 #210

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart