facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Hoping to bring my old DT 360 back from the dead

Looks like a document holder. Might have been required on Japanese domestic models? (Like the passenger grab strap was)
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Jack
18 Dec 2020 17:27 #171

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jack
  • Jack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Content Contributor
  • Content Contributor
I bet you're right Mark, I never even thought of that, but it makes sense. Thanks
18 Dec 2020 17:51 #172

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Hoping to bring my old DT 360 back from the dead

+1

Standard Yamaha fitment at the time on RDs and the like.
18 Dec 2020 23:43 #173

That's stock on my '75 bike, seems to be an European extra for documents. It's available as reproduction on Yambits.com , in case you want it.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Snglsmkr, Jack
19 Dec 2020 07:54 #174

• Jack
  • Content Contributor
  • Content Contributor
Installing the seat really dressed her up, starting to look like a real motorcycle again. Put that on a few days ago, then worked on getting the grip wires/levers hooked up today which made her look even better. She looks better every time I put another part on.

The wiring is coming along but slower than I'd hoped. I unwrapped about ten miles of raggedy electrical tape that has been on there since I bought the bike. and came across a couple wires that someone had snipped off and a couple of other real sloppy splices. I think all of the damaged ones were part of the lighting system. I'll have to try and figure it all out but priority one is ignition and that seems to be all intact so very happy about that,

Not so happy to find a couple frayed wires on the clutch cable. Still usuable I think but will probably need to spring for a new one if I can find one, haven't looked yet.

Hope to mount the tach and spdo and maybe the stator plate and flywheel tomorrow after it warms up a bit.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Snglsmkr, Pete-RT1
21 Dec 2020 19:24 #175

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Looks great! :likey :likey :likey
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
21 Dec 2020 19:39 #176

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic Hoping to bring my old DT 360 back from the dead

check kdi; Dave sells the whole set of cables for I think it's $70.
21 Dec 2020 21:18 #177

looks really nice!
don't forget to put in a voltage regulator, as I learned popping $40 headlights and gauge bulbs is a real downer
22 Dec 2020 09:46 #178

• Jack
  • Content Contributor
  • Content Contributor
Burned out my exhaust pipe awhile back and just got back to it today. Used a cup brush to get rid of most of the outer rust. Everytime I've moved it since then crap fell out of whatever end was pointing down at the time so I cranked up the air compressor this morning and spent a few minutes blowing it out while steadily tapping all along it's length with a rubber mallet. Tapped and blew till nothing more came out. Think I got the worst of it. There is something metal rattling around inside that I suspect is some kind of baffle that's broken loose. No way to get in there it fix or remove it without major surgury so not sure what I'll be able to do about it, may just live with it.

Not sure if I should burn the muffler/silencer itself so have it soaking in gasoline and will blow it out and air dry it in a couple days.

The other day I found some wires that I thought some p o had snipped off for some reason or other but after further inspection I think they just broke. They both broke at the same exact location within the loom, right in the bend where they go around the steering post before going into the headlight so just fatigued I think. Felt around the rest of the wires in that area and couldn't feel any obvious breaks so hopefully the rest are ok and not broke under their insulation. I soldered them back together and put heat shrink tubing on them so think they'll be alright now. Haven't got around to tracing them out yet but thinking maybe turn signals, which I won't be hooking up anyway.

I'm putting together components for checking compression and vacuum leaks after I get the top end assembled. Still waiting on a blood pressure bulb for pressure pump. I have an old vacuum pump alfready but it doesn't do pressure, only vacuum so had to order the bulb for pressure test.

Was set to do the top end this morning but at last minute read that cylinder, case, and head should be at room temp before torquing so put everything away and will wait for a warmer day.
27 Dec 2020 16:29 #179

• Jack
  • Content Contributor
  • Content Contributor
Brief warm up the last couple days gave me a chance to do a little work on the bike. Finished removing all paint from fuel tank and then couldn't resist setting it back on the bike for a couple pics. Yesterday I shot some primer on it. Let it sit for a day then got some glazing putty and worked on smoothing out all the smaller dents and dings. There were more dings than I had thought but have it looking pretty good tonight. Should have it ready for paint in a day or two.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Steve F, Snglsmkr
22 Jan 2021 17:50 #180

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart