facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Brand New Yamaha Petcocks for our bikes!

Replied by Rverbeck on topic Brand New Yamaha Petcocks for our bikes!

cdn.partzilla.com/label/YP-3JN-24500-02-00.gif

Bought this petcock and it works "as is" on my AT1B 125. The main tube is a bit longer so rather than cut it down, I just know I will switch to reserve sooner. The outlet is on the right side of the valve instead of the bottom, so you will need to cut a longer fuel line. The fuel line will need to bend slightly and run right down the side of the air cleaner box. Hope that makes sense. It is a nice clean installations and protects the fuel line well. My only worry is that the slight bend will eventually kink, but so far it has worked very well. You can cut the fuel line even longer and have more slack to avoid the slight bend. I liked the cleaner look better.
06 Jun 2017 22:02 #41

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Bradshaw on topic Brand New Yamaha Petcocks for our bikes!

I just received this petcock 3JN-24500-10. I know this is a dated thread but how is the white filter on the "ON" tube removed and installed on the newly shortened pipe? Was this filter glued or press fit? Mine seems pretty tight.
Anyone?
Thank you!
20 Sep 2018 09:16 #42

Replied by mdscott on topic Brand New Yamaha Petcocks for our bikes!

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=272886850169&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Replied by asco on topic Brand New Yamaha Petcocks for our bikes!

I have had good success rebuilding original petcocks. They are labor intensive and the components are costly.

The best thing about the AM petcocks are the screens. You can't get those.

I have used AM Petcocks with success, it depends on the bike and you.

If it fits - do it. - some here are purests ..

a
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
21 Sep 2018 07:44 #44

Replied by LongStride on topic Brand New Yamaha Petcocks for our bikes!

Thanks for the info, was hoping this one would fit my AT, been using these for years, they fit a surprising number of models, bought one for the KLR 5 years ago, found out it fits a lot of vintage bikes, just have to match the "on" tube length
2ET703 Central Texas
02 Apr 2020 07:02 #45

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart