facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Rt3 crank pin size

Replied by SKYDANCER46 on topic Rt3 crank pin size

RT325,

It's a secret. just Kidding!  After i purchased the 214 rods and then disassemble of the water damaged crank and bearings i noticed how pitted the crank halfs were too. Not a big deal but i didn't like the looks of it. So long story short i was able to find a very nice complete crank assembly out of a 68 that was within 200 of my vin number. The parts were advertised as a 69 but once i checked the vin number it was a 68 and very close to mine in production. How lucky is that? After thoroughly  checking everything out it was decided to be used in the rebuild. Crank was like new compared to the original.  See pictures.

By the way both rod kits have been sold. A Yamaha collector on facebook bought them both. 

Also just recently  made another decision and decided to go 1st over with a NOS yamaha piston & ring set. The bore measured at what some people call "racer specs". Ran well too but had a hint of piston slap in the upper RPM range. I didn't like it. Was able to go 1st over because the bore was in such good condition. As good as it ran with the stock bore it runs better now and has no piston slap at all. Perfect.

1970 DT250C
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Swoop56
Last edit: 28 May 2023 17:12 by SKYDANCER46.
28 May 2023 17:07 #31

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic Rt3 crank pin size

Thanks for the update & the good news. We love good news. Cheers.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: SKYDANCER46
28 May 2023 17:13 #32

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart