facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

How to register motorcycle not registered in CA for 30 years!

• Tom P
  • Tom P's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes, I've heard of this happening with USPS all the time, the product will go from state-to-state many times before it finally makes it to you. I'm guessing that FedEx may have hired an old USPS driver. I called RevZilla, and they're going to look into it.

Meanwhile, because it looks like I won't be able to put the tires on for a while, I decided to strip down the rear fender and paint it. I'm not going to do a full restore on this bike, but I'm just sprucing up certain parts. Got it ready to prime.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
03 Apr 2022 15:14 #51

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I've had a part from the US come to me here in the UK via Brazil, and another one went via Switzerland. 

This image is hidden for guests.

04 Apr 2022 01:05 #52

• Tom P
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I can understand the shipment taking a zig-zig route as it comes from Kentucky to Southern California, but for it to come within one hour of me, then go back to Arizona, then New Mexico, and this morning it's in Kansas... that's kind of nutty. I guess they just forgot to unload it.

At least I got the fender painted. Dupli-Color DE-1615 is not a perfect match to the original Yamaha gray, but it looks nice. I remember years ago I had some cans of Yamaha gray, and even it was not a perfect match to the original fender. I'm not going to paint the front fender, or the front lower forks, even though they have rust on them, and I'm not going to paint the rusty tank or other gold parts (by the way the oil tank is in really good shape). A neighbor has used a place to restore a couple Honda mini-trails that paints the tank, headlight ears and bowl like a factory job, but it's very expensive, and I'd rather keep this CT-1 as a survivor bike anyway.

By painting the chain guard and rear fender, which both were super rusty, I'm just trying to make it look a little bit cleaner overall.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: mdscott
04 Apr 2022 07:26 #53

This message has an attachment image.

I’ve watched USPS packages make journey across the country, arrived in my city then left, bounced around at other locations then ended delivered. It’s not a big deal if you bought part from a website but if you bought from private buyer on eBay it can be more of a problem. 

Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'03 ST1300
'75 Norton
'73 CB500K
'81 Honda CT110
'87 PW50
'64 McClane Edger
'02 Honda XR70R
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Tom P
04 Apr 2022 08:12 #54

• Tom P
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
They'll show up eventually, it's not that big of a deal. FedEx just called and they're trying to figure out what happened. If they can intercept it at one of their shipping stations and stick it on a truck headed west, they'll be here in a couple days. Actually it's kind of comical. Hey, maybe they fell off the truck and they're rolling back to Kentucky?
04 Apr 2022 08:51 #55

• Tom P
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well now my tires are in Carrollton Missouri, so by tonight they should be back in Louisville Kentucky. I'm kind of jealous, that would have been a fun trip to take!

Edit: now this is strange, a couple hours ago it said they were in Carrollton Missouri, now it says they're in Troutdale Oregon.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: mdscott
Last edit: 04 Apr 2022 15:05 by Tom P.
04 Apr 2022 13:44 #56

sure sounds like the left wheel doesn't know where the right wheel is... With all this technology, they cant figure things out? How the heck did we do that without these fancy digital gizmo's?
Sneezles61
04 Apr 2022 19:22 #57

• Tom P
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Apparently now they are in Oregon, and should be delivered Thursday by 1:45, but I'm just wondering how the heck they got from Carrollton Missouri to Troutdale Oregon in about 40 minutes...

04 Apr 2022 19:48 #58

This message has an attachment image.

Yer tires will be worn out before you git them... 

This image is hidden for guests.

Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: JayB, Ht1kid, Tom P
05 Apr 2022 04:31 #59

• Tom P
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I haven't removed the wheels yet, but should I order new brake shoes for this bike? I've been riding it around and the brakes seem to work perfectly, and it only has under 350 miles on it. But after 50 years could the pads come loose from the shoe? I don't know how they're constructed, if they're only glued, or if they're riveted as well
Last edit: 05 Apr 2022 07:20 by Tom P.
05 Apr 2022 07:18 #60

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart