facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

74 DT250 front fender/handlebar

• EnduroTEX
  • EnduroTEX's Avatar Topic Author

74 DT250 front fender/handlebar was created by EnduroTEX

In getting ready for final reassembly I am having trouble with 2 parts and was hoping those who have come before on this bike have some recommendations.
First is the front fender - DC plastics has an offering but am wondering about originality in size, fitment and appearance. I will plan on painting the part as I paint the rear fender, headlight bucket, fork ears etc..
Second is an original handlebar - unobtainium it appears as above for fender... I have seen the Fly racing aluma-steel 7/8 bar in a "vintage bend" chrome and wondering if that is as good as it is going to get?

Edit to add pic and question - Also this rubber grommet does not even appear on the parts charts? any thoughts to replacement part for front and rear brake plate rubber grommet?

Thanks in advance and cant wait to show off the bike when built as there have been some many useful tips, build threads that have contributed to getting me this far....

Have not seen any help with either part on Ebay for an OEM or NOS option and they would most likely be out of my budget anyway would be a safe guess. Any thoughts recommendations or warnings before I proceed?
Last edit: 12 Nov 2019 10:00 by EnduroTEX. Reason: adding picture and content for question
12 Nov 2019 09:36 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart