facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

The next project found abandoned on a ride

01 Aug 2020 04:04
Delcowizzid
Open Class
Open Class
More
Topic Author
The next project found abandoned on a ride #1
Last weekend we were out riding some hard enduro and stumbled accross a 93 or 94 Kdx200e that had been lying in the Bush for a long time someone had removed the handlebars and walked away we went back on a mission today to get it the 30km out of the Bush. Turns out someone drowned it in a mud bog the whole engines full of mud and the Kick-start gears broken obviously from kicking it to try get it to go it's about to get reserected as my next project now the dt250 is done

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) Liked this Post MarkT, Bigdog302, RT325, darinm, Wax, RustiePyles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2020 05:32
yamahahaha
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
The next project found abandoned on a ride #2
To me that's like someone throwing there money down on the ground and leaving it... You bet I'm gonna pick it up :likey

01 Aug 2020 06:49
JayB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
The next project found abandoned on a ride #3
If it were me, I would run the VIN on www.nicb.org/vincheck to make sure it was not reported stolen.

Nice find! Enjoy!
The following user(s) Liked this Post Rick C., RustiePyles

01 Aug 2020 07:19 01 Aug 2020 07:21 by Lizeec.
Lizeec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
The next project found abandoned on a ride #4

JayB wrote: If it were me, I would run the VIN on www.nicb.org/vincheck to make sure it was not reported stolen.

Nice find! Enjoy!

I was thinking the same thing, in my younger days I knew of a group of guys that would help themselves to other people’s bikes in the middle of the night and joy ride them and when they broke or even ran out of gas would dump them and look for the next victim.
A actual owner of his bike would probably not abandon it, when I was 13 years old my dt400 was mud caked after riding in the snow and mud and would not start, I could barely even see the cylinder head as I was pretty sure it was just a fouled plug, after trying to kick start it about a hundred times I pushed it through snow and mud for about 4 miles to get it home, it about killed me, I wasn’t going to leave it, I knew if I did that when I got back with tools it would be gone, after getting it home I hosed off the mud and pulled the spark plug and installed a fresh plug and it started first kick and I was back in the mud in no time.
Hopefully this isn’t the case with this one you found, some people throw away good stuff.

02 Aug 2020 05:26
Delcowizzid
Open Class
Open Class
More
Topic Author
The next project found abandoned on a ride #5
It's far from being someone's pride and joy the whole bike is badly thrown together worn out old shit 89 frame 97 upside downs and wheel that the triple tree was flopping around everywhere in the headstock all the rear swing arm is just floating around worn to all hell. The motors seen that many hard hours it's gone past the nikasil and into the alloy and got a big step in the top of the cylinder will need a cast iron sleave to bring it back to life lol

02 Aug 2020 07:44
Schu
Collector
Collector
More
The next project found abandoned on a ride #6

Lizeec wrote:

JayB wrote: If it were me, I would run the VIN on www.nicb.org/vincheck to make sure it was not reported stolen.

Nice find! Enjoy!

A actual owner of his bike would probably not abandon it.

Unless it was a 72 XL350 that died in the snow and mud and he had been kickstarting until his leg gave out. But even then I still went back and dragged it home a couple days later.....:whistle:

Schu

70 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha JT60
72 Yamaha JT60 (2)
74 Yamaha DT360
75 Yamaha GT80
75 Yamaha DT100
75 Yamaha DT125
75 Yamaha DT175
76 Yamaha DT175
75 Yamaha DT250 (2)
75 Yamaha DT400
76 Honda Z50
17 Yamaha SCR950

"Someday, you'll own some Yamahas"

11 Aug 2020 01:09
Delcowizzid
Open Class
Open Class
More
Topic Author
The next project found abandoned on a ride #7
Sandblasted the bad spots rust killed some broken sections welded and primed nearly ready for the factory green colour matched paint gonna look crisp

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) Liked this Post Eazy-X, Elpho

11 Aug 2020 03:26
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
The next project found abandoned on a ride #8
Man, don't you guys sleep. I'd be still thinking about where to start.!!
The following user(s) Liked this Post Steve F, swm, ScottMalv, Noobz

11 Aug 2020 07:33
mdscott
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
The next project found abandoned on a ride #9
The KDX is a great bike, I own a 220. Looking forward to see the bike come back to life.

Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'76 Bultaco 143 Frontera
'06 GL1800
'01 KDX220
'68 YG5T 80 Trailmaster
74 DT360
75 Norton
73 CB500K
63 C200
87 PW50
64 McClane Edger

11 Aug 2020 16:10
YZBill
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
The next project found abandoned on a ride #10

mdscott wrote: The KDX is a great bike, I own a 220. Looking forward to see the bike come back to life.

I had a 96 200 with full Fredette modifications. Swapped the purple tank and shrouds for an IMS tank.

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) Liked this Post mdscott, Older than Dirt

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart