facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

rt3 360 restoration help

• newbees
  • newbees's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by newbees on topic rt3 360 restoration help

hello all quick update and some questions not realy got a lot done been freezing here in uk and been waiting on parts,

ive watched loads of vids and read loads of articles and forums on here on engine rebuilds polishing electroplating etc so got a bit more of an idea now not much tho
managed get old bearings out tried heat gun after watching it on you tube that didnt work then tried the casing in the oven unreal just pushed out easy nearly killed the wife wi smoke but there out

my bearings finaly arrived last week one was the wrong one 40mm instead of 42mm appparently some bikes have1 some the other so the seller is sending me the other, and the otherbearing fits but is open were as the one i took out is sheilded on one side [pic below]same seller apperantly that is to let more oil flow is that right

next is ive sent my crank to have bearing changed and my cylinder for a rebore i sent a .25 oversize piston for him to bore it to and he says its not cleared theres a dip above the exhaust port so he says i need a .50 oversize which i have for the rt1b i have so queston is can i use a rt1 piston it has a single ring and no ports in the carb side can i cut the ports out do i need them what do they do any replies appreciated thanks
30 Jan 2021 04:39 #41

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Swoop56 on topic rt3 360 restoration help

Your single ring RT1 piston is actually a RT1 MX piston .
RT1 piston uses two rings . So you need to hunt down an RT2/3 piston and rings .

30 Jan 2021 12:57 #42

• newbees
  • newbees's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by newbees on topic rt3 360 restoration help

helllo thanks for that these piston are hard to find at a resonable price  at .50 oversize or bigger 
 i need to no if ineed the two ports cut outs on the back of the piston are needed ive seen pistons on ebay with no ports or has anyone cut them out of one with no ports if there needed thanks 
also anyone no if the bearings are ok befre i put them in thanks
31 Jan 2021 10:05 #43

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart