facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

rt3 360 restoration help

Replied by shyted on topic rt3 360 restoration help

Aye ,from summerbuds. That crease in the tank will be a right bustard to get out.
10 Dec 2020 16:58 #31

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• newbees
  • newbees's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by newbees on topic rt3 360 restoration help

thanks for that wll do
11 Dec 2020 03:00 #32

• newbees

yes from summerbud thought you might have seen it seen the one you bought was watching it very nice and the dint maybe new tank just hope its not gone through after watching your the video you posted on youtube i watched some more think i can cast mi own casings now even lol not got it yet just hope the engine bits missing are the obvious ones i can see are not there and theres still some bits left inside
11 Dec 2020 03:06 #33

Replied by RT325 on topic rt3 360 restoration help

From what i can see by expanding the pics right up all the screws look to be out although i couldn't see the one they have in the case about under the inlet when the cylinder is on. Partzilla doesn't show it so i don't know!!. Looks good to go on the face of it & no puller required to get the right side case away from the left. Each shaft will need a tap evenly with a soft hammer & crank a tab with a block of wood & a hammer. Right side crank shaft is a sliding fit in the bearing & not tight. But--puller will be needed --[call it a pusher]--to push the crank out of the left case. Only telling you my way if you don't have a puller [pusher]. It'll be mainly the case alignment dowels being tight or rusted in their holes stopping it moving. My story & i'm sticking to it lol.
11 Dec 2020 04:03 #34

Replied by RT325 on topic rt3 360 restoration help

Screw i was talking about would be the hole high up to the right at the base of the cylinde r--i'm guessing you have it out though but can be missed.
11 Dec 2020 04:06 #35

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• newbees

yes thanks rt325 i got that the awkward one were you have to go through a hole took me about 2 hours and different tools get that out
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
11 Dec 2020 09:41 #36

• newbees

hello all finaly got the casings split used soft hammer to tap casings apart then made a puller to get rest of way a couple of the gear forks fell out not got a clue were they go back i no the shaft goes in the hole but which cogs the shafts go in between ive no idea also there is like a half moon washer thing that was in the bottom of the casing dosent look like its snaped of a full circle looks made that way looked on partzilla and cant c it there was some bits of plastic which ive worked out is bottom half of dipstick dosent seem to be any metal fillings in there plenty bits of stone ive cleaned out the sludge so you can c in pics its a very soft sand stone easily crushes with pliers should i change all bearings or just inspect and change what i think are bad also im going to take the gear cogs out is there any special way so they dont fall off shaft and i no they go on shaft in order but do they need be lined up like turned to a certian position im probaly better askin that wen im putting it back together if i ever get that far sorry about wafflin any help appreciated thanks
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Pete-RT1
13 Dec 2020 11:27 #37

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic rt3 360 restoration help

Bearings are relatively cheap; why not go brand new while you have it all apart? Seals, too. And I bet, given the crud I see in there, you are going to find bearing damage that needs attention.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Swoop56
Last edit: 13 Dec 2020 16:57 by Mothersbaugh.
13 Dec 2020 16:56 #38

Replied by MarkT on topic rt3 360 restoration help

Half moon thing is half of a 2 piece spacer that probably got knocked loose when you were banging the shafts splitting the cases. #28 in the Partzilla Trans diagram.

When you pull the output shaft out of the case you'll likely find the other half and the washer ("shim" #29) that holds them together... if I remember right... been a long time since I've been in one of those..
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
13 Dec 2020 18:06 #39

• newbees

hello thanks for replies ive found the other half of the moon and ordered all new bearings hopefully theyl come for xmas so i can start to fit them
19 Dec 2020 02:13 #40

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart