facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

Replied by asco on topic Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

In my business I get tons of people calling with bikes I would not consider working on or purchasing. These emails and/or calls should not be your primary concern. I’ve gotten good at telling people that I’m not interested. A firm no.

Don’t allow anyone to steal your joy.

I was texting with someone anonymous to our community?
Asking how they were doing? Then somehow your name came up. 

I spoke about attempting to mentor you Arin. I said; “it’s not an easy walk through the orchard picking low growing fruit.” I lost my dad at 14. So, don’t think for a moment “that if I was - able to wave my Magic - Yama-Wand and POOF you were a journeyman vintage motorcycle mechanic I wouldn’t do it !!

I would help you without wanting anything in return. We absolutely must increase your self confidence and you MUST believe you can.

There’s a guitar teacher, a virtuoso. His name is; Michael Angelo Batio.

We call him MAB.

MAB often talks about Henry Ford. Not the greatest person in history, but Henry Ford had a saying:

“if you believe you can - you can —— if you believe you cannot, you cannot —- regardless, YOU’RE BOTH RIGHT.

Eliminating the words “I cannot from your vocabulary is a good start.” You’re probably like me, whereas you need to be shown how to do something and once you’re shown how to do something, then it becomes easy. If you’re reading it, you may not completely understand?

I just took a big step forward.

asco
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Tinkicker
19 Jul 2023 08:48 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Ht1kid on topic Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

I Think uncle Henry was one of the best he used to work for Thomas Edison also the idea and made charcoal briquettes and put his employee and friend Kingsford in charge from left over saw dust used in the model T’s
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
19 Jul 2023 17:16 #12

Arin if you don’t sell it Asco made you a great offer to teach you these vintage Enduros
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
19 Jul 2023 18:09 #13

• XRArin
  • XRArin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by XRArin on topic Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

HT1KID, ASCO,

You know what......I'm keeping the SC500 since you guys gave me great motivation to learn about these vintage enduros or MX bikes. As both of you guys know, kids like me don't give a damn about these half a century old machines. I need to keep the ball rolling as much as possible!!!! I know my dad in spirit would appreciate my dedication to be honest.

I'm sorry for all of these "I'm keeping the SC500" or "I'm selling it!". I should be keeping these bikes regardless of whether they have horrible or reliable technology. I need to stop changing my mind a lot....

ASCO.....it would be much appreciated if you take me under your wing for advice on how to fix these old machines. And believe me.....I read your previous post and 100% agree! I had to take off all of the listings just now since scammers/dealers love to play lowball....

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Arin
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325, Ht1kid
19 Jul 2023 21:53 #14

Replied by automan on topic Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

A buck per cc. mid-seventies prices.
50 years ago

cliff
20 Jul 2023 03:34 #15

XRarin my son is 21 yrs old he loves these vintage bikes he has bought 2 of them and is learning how to work on them he says people really like seeing them he also rides it to work sometimes at the Ford dealership he gets to park it up front and people always remember them he’s a salesman Oh I’m 69 yrs old 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
20 Jul 2023 07:05 #16

Replied by msavitt on topic Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

Arin - your so right about "kids these days"  
I have 4 "boys" 21 - 33 and not one is the least bit interested in any of my bikes.  So much so that I leave the keys in them because even if they had an impulse, they still couldn't figure out how to start one even if life depended upon it!!!
There is something that I think makes a man a bit more self-sufficient when you learn how things work and how to reliably fix things when your young that benefits you in life.  If your a good listener there is no reason why you cannot get that SC500 running well and enjoying it.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325, Ht1kid, Sneezles61
20 Jul 2023 07:06 #17

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

Msavitt, you’ve squarely nailed it, there is nothing more satisfying than the sense of accomplishment …. Learning either by trial and error or as an understudy.
What was the first one in our lives? Ditching the diaper or walking….. Living IS learning.
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325, Ht1kid, msavitt
20 Jul 2023 14:06 #18

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart