facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

• XRArin
  • XRArin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi everyone,

I have officially changed my mind once again and have made it official to get rid of the 1974 Yamaha SC500. I could use the money to modify two of my KTM 500's very soon. 

I have a clean title and a California green sticker for this bike. All up to date!! Asking price will be $2,000 firm since its a steal for this bike. Some of you may ask why so cheap? Well.....I just want it to go to a good home where it will be appreciated and not beat up at the desert. Its too nice and this one is super nice shape! The only issues are the carb is clogged up and leaks oil out of a bad shift shaft seal which needs to be replaced before riding or displaying in a collection.

Please feel free to private message me if any of you are interested. I will get back to you right away with my contact info. All I can say is first come, first serve. I have this displayed on craigslist and FB marketplace so I know it wont last long.

**THE SITE WONT LET ME POST PICTURES AT THE MOMENT BUT AGAIN, THIS BIKE IS VERY CLEAN AND IS ALL ORIGINAL TO THE TIRES**

Arin
Last edit: 18 Jul 2023 17:44 by XRArin.
18 Jul 2023 17:41 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

I'd say a wise decission. Someone will grab it with both hands pretty quick i'd guess.
18 Jul 2023 17:54 #2

• XRArin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by XRArin on topic Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

RT325,

I hope so. I need it gone to be honest.

Arin
18 Jul 2023 18:04 #3

Yes thought it was working but tried a couple of times now with no luck.
So here's a random from my google photos to see if still works the only way i know how!!
Be nice to see what ya selling. Hell if i lived closer it'd be mine in a heartbeat lol.

photos.app.goo.gl/FAoSsoMjUWE3RENRA
Last edit: 18 Jul 2023 18:09 by RT325.
18 Jul 2023 18:05 #4

Replied by rsmith56 on topic Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

Photo was viewable.
18 Jul 2023 19:12 #5

Hi rsmith56, i guess you mean mine viewable via the link?, or am i confused lol.
But i think XRArin is probably trying to post a pic straight from his own computer--which used to work but not now.
I just tried it a couple of times 'that way' with no luck so tried the linking idea which you see of mine.
Sounds like i'm an expert--but NO-- lot of guessing untill something works. Cheers & thanks.
18 Jul 2023 19:26 #6

Replied by rsmith56 on topic Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

Yes, it was your pic of the mighty Massey Ferguson ;-)
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
18 Jul 2023 19:31 #7

Replied by asco on topic Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

Was this decision based on “the buyer backing out of purchasing the 1969 DT1?”

Arin, when I was your age (25) I dated several females at once because the law of averages was not in my favor to guess which female might find someone she could depend on more than myself? More money? Better looking? Smarter. Taller. Nicer car. I only had only one bike. 1983 HONDA CR 125. 

A strange thing has recently happened.. I couldn’t explain it even if I tried? A second person has told me based on my business “they would like to donate parts that they are not using and don’t want to sell privately because of the economic environment.”

Nobody’ has ever given me anything in my life and I am not certain I even deserve it?

Calmness always prevails. 

asco  
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
Last edit: 18 Jul 2023 21:30 by asco.
18 Jul 2023 21:25 #8

• XRArin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by XRArin on topic Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

ASCO,

I just come to realize that this bike is too nice to run at the desert. Thats all. But if I keep getting more and more people wanting to offer me $500 for the SC500.....I will just fix it up and ride it at the desert. So far, it doesn't look good for how this is going right now. I woke up this morning to find out there was a lot of unnecessary emails associated with the listings...

If I need to keep it, then I may need to for a while

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

19 Jul 2023 06:51 #9

Replied by Tom P on topic Change my mind....SC500 back for sale!

Cleaning the carburetor and replacing the shift shaft seal are easy. I would do that before I put it up for sale, and I would also not put it on craigslist. Try offerup, I've always had better luck there. Also look to see if you have any vintage motorcycle meets in your area. If you do, trailer it or throw it in your truck and take it there with a "for sale" sign on it. If you can present it in running condition, you're not going to give the potential buyer an excuse to talk you down on the price.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
19 Jul 2023 07:20 #10

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart