facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Dejavu

• Enduronut
  • Enduronut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Founder Moderator
  • Founder Moderator

Dejavu was created by Enduronut

I could say a lot . . .  but will keep this short
This is my fare-well and final post . . . . "here"
I'm still heavily invested in this hobby, and don't foresee forsaking it any time soon.

This site was started out of necessity back in January of 2014 ... as another previous Enduro site was dying a slow and painful death!
Indeed, the old site no longer exists, and this site has done an excellent job of filling the hole left by that first site.

I don't know why, and can only speculate ... but now this site seems to be crumbling from within, just as its old predecessor had.
With a little luck, it may see it's 10th anniversary soon . . . I hope so, but I won't be here to celebrate that event.

Dejavu:  Once again, I find myself involved in the construction of another Enduro site, in an effort to preserve history and help support fellow enthusiasts.
I'm not going to recruit members from this site, but instead, let nature take it's own course in the matter. 

I wish you all well, and want to express my gratitude and appreciation to Gary (Mako) for going to bat for us in our time of need.  Thank You !

Sincerely, Enduronut

Control your thoughts . . . or your thoughts will control you!.!
Don't aim . . . and you'll hit your target every time!
A wise man knows . . . he isn't!
Failure squared . . . equals success!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Devin, Rick C., Steve F, Wheels, Swoop56, Schu, Bradmond, Charlie72
Last edit: 01 Oct 2023 11:13 by Enduronut.
01 Oct 2023 08:46 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Dejavu

Sorry to see you go, Dave, but thanks for all of your help over the years.

Still feel free to contact me if you need any parts from the UK. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Enduronut, Rick C.
01 Oct 2023 10:40 #2

Replied by Schu on topic Dejavu

“I'm not going to recruit members from this site, but instead, let nature take it's own coarse in the matter”.

Good luck to you on your next endeavor. Hopefully when nature takes its own coarse in the matter with one of our active members they will openly share some info. You can’t have enough resources when it comes to things you don’t know.
Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Enduronut
01 Oct 2023 10:46 #3

Replied by RT325 on topic Dejavu

Not sure how to comment but sure gonna miss you Enduronut. Thanks for years of input & no doubt straightening 'me' out when i give unsafe advice. Appreciate 'all' your advice.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Enduronut, Rick C.
01 Oct 2023 16:13 #4

Replied by asco on topic Dejavu

Since’ I was a critic of the original Enduro site.. I will chime in with a slightly different viewpoint, from for me what was 09/2012 going forward.

Enduronut was the first or one of the very first helpful individuals who explained to me in picture detail why the darn jet setter o ring was so crucial in the 248E2  mikuni carburetor. 

The Florida residing individual who became famous for lackluster enthusiasm is worlds different from my PNW Your Honor. We’re both on different teams but we’ve become pretty close over the years. We’re able to laugh and joke making’ fun of our selves in a manner that is conducive with old man humor.

Facebook has ruined more discussion forums than I wish to express about.. Because the META FORMAT has unlimited bandwidth. Going back to 2001..

I am a “purposeful joker” who laughs at the fact I started a business based on this group’s interest when nothing existed before. There are failures in YAMA-LAND. Human beings cannot make everything that is motionless move, hum, roar, sing and flourish. I knew going in I wasn’t the smartest or the best, but nobody else really wanted to work on other people’s vintage rusty graveyard carcasses. There was a niche’ I stuck my finger in the hole and stopped the yama-bleeding. 

Dave Meis’ very early on circa December 2017’ my first real paying customer was texting me 100 times a week with questions’ comments and sheer enthusiasm. Dave said; Curtis, “the customers you attract are going to be a lot like you.”  - / _ Dave was 100% correct.

I don’t come to this site to ask anymore unless something specific needs to be addressed.

MarkT and myself, became closer as years went by. He is here a lot. But we communicate through text when necessary and I always have his back on nearly every issue that needs addressing to the elders. 

“IF YOU DON’T HAVE MY BACK YOU WON’T SEE MY FRONT.”

Most everyone here has my back now. But I had to earn this. It wasn’t freely given with criticism. Remember, Teamster6 he didn’t like asco. He may have passed I don’t know, but one out of 100+ is a good ratio.

ENDURONUT THANK YOU FOR TAKING A NEW YAMA-OWNER UNDER THE WING OF EXPERIENCE. I remember purchasing a tool kit and reading emails from you. I remember a lot of useless information that only becomes important at moments like this:

I don’t need to repay you with advice. I will share a knock knock joke to end my extremely long winded post..

“KNOCK KNOCK

WHO’S THERE

I AM

I AM WHO

I AM WHO _ YOU LOOK UP TOO”

be that person when you can with great zeal and enthusiasm and do what makes your mind feel better.

asco
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Enduronut, JGersh
01 Oct 2023 16:49 #5

Replied by Rick C. on topic Dejavu

Tough bitter pill to swallow .
But since.. I see the thinking,
Seeing YE.com ( the old site ) do what it did, This move has merit . Loved that site too.
Was there til the end. Same with this site.

Hated seeing it here, what will happen when we talk about problems and can't back it up with pictures of said problems, oh....wait.
Go somewhere else to download that, then upload here. hmmmm
Don't know the "gist " of this, but it can't be good for this site.

Only 1 MOD on most of the time, Things are getting tough. ( love you Mark T., starting the RD program soon. )

On another post I myself said,
" just get Rid of people that haven't LOGGED on in 2-3 years and save the space somehow. "
May help... but Losing E.N .
I am sadden.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Enduronut, Steve F
Last edit: 02 Oct 2023 00:02 by Rick C..
01 Oct 2023 23:54 #6

Replied by Rick C. on topic Dejavu

Maybe download your favorite thread for keep sake.
I did not do that on YE.com and still kicking myself.
Last edit: 03 Oct 2023 01:26 by Rick C..
02 Oct 2023 23:16 #7

Replied by Lizeec on topic Dejavu

Unfortunately the truth of the matter is that this forum is dwindling in activity due to the fact the target audience is dwindling due to age. I would reckon the majority of the members in this group are in their 60-70’s with some young ones in their 50’s. Let’s face it we are a dying breed that rode these types of bikes in our youth, it seems the trend is EV vehicles and bikes. In my younger days I always tried to learn skills that were not mainstream, everyone else was learning on internal combustion engines, I trained on electrical equipment (forklifts) I survived all the business downturns and layoffs as only a handful of techs had the skills for EV forklifts. I retired a long time ago but I know for sure my skill set would surely be in demand with all the electric vehicles.
03 Oct 2023 12:55 #8

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic Dejavu

Well then that seems to be a good fit for us older folks… a place to hangout, discuss these bikes.
There are folks here that had their hands on these beautiful old bikes every day. They’ve forgot more than us that parked their bikes in a shed 40 plus years ago could even understand.. And I am thankful to have a site that IS all about these! I also hope that in some way, shape or form this can continue. I hope it isn’t too late..
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Steve F, Ht1kid, Tom P
03 Oct 2023 15:27 #9

Replied by AirborneSilva on topic Dejavu

It's sad to see you and Devin go. I've never had much interaction with you, Enduronut, but have learned from your posts. Devin helped me out with a rack for my DT400 when I thought I'd never find one.

There's so much good on this forum from the people to the resources that are shared in the tech library, to lose this would be a loss for our hobby/love affair with these old bikes that bring back fond memories and put a smile on our face not just while riding them but when the great advice you get from members here solves a problem you just couldn't figure out and it gets back in the saddle.
2023 Tenere T7
1976 DT400C
1975 DT400
1981 DT175H
1972 DT2 250
1980 GT80
1972 JT2
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Wheels, Gr8uncleal, Ht1kid
03 Oct 2023 16:48 #10

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart