facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

So at what point do I need to seek professional phsycological help?

On the Flip Side 

Recently, a gentleman called me, told me that he was turning 65 or 70 lived in Hemet California, and had 45 motorcycles needed to get rid of.

that don’t bother me none. It’s all relative. Just meaning let the relatives deal with it.

asco
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
The following user(s) Liked this Post: 1971DT250
23 Aug 2023 18:28 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I’m certain I would be bonked over the head with cast iron if I brought home another one right now.

I may need therapy when this is done.  I have an in though, I’m the guy who helps line up referrals at school so I know people!! I’m hoping my bike is so mint I gotta squint, and therapy will be puttering to school with it hee hee
23 Aug 2023 18:54 #12

I actually asked my doctor if there was a clinical name for my addiction to collecting things in sets, because I worried that it was becoming a problem. He said not to worry unless it causes financial or marital issues.

He said financial "OR" marital problems. He said nothing about it causing BOTH.  

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid, principal282
24 Aug 2023 03:56 #13

I have a pretty solid routine of checking my local classifieds each and every day. Just waiting for the right deal and the finances too ahahaha. I think my co-workers would say I have a problem with how much I talk about bikes!!

The lady is alright with my bikes as long as she can ride them! Her favorite is the '84 GoldWing... but I think thats because she has passenger privileges and she is a little afraid to drop the enduro!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid, msavitt
24 Aug 2023 06:30 #14

I started counting I’ve got 14 including my razz pit bike 4  need restoration 1 Dt100 my son dragged home that one is a junk one I guess when I retire I’ve got something to do 
24 Aug 2023 07:19 #15

Just a note on a limit I make for myself…only one project at a time.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Schu
24 Aug 2023 11:24 #16

Now that really IS sick, allowing only one at a time.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Andy L, msavitt
27 Aug 2023 21:19 #17

Look at it this way: You could be addicted to drugs, alcohol, or gambling, all of which can land you in jail.
Or, you could be chasing women all the time and ruining your marriage .

My wife says this": Yes, Jay has a bunch of motorcycles, but I know exactly where he is; in the garage wrenching on them, or out riding (mostly wrenching).
These little Enduros have many facets: they are street legal transportation, they get great gas mileage, they are classic collectables, and just plain fun. All that, and they are good investments in that they hold their value and increase in value if maintained. Art collectors cannot go ride a painting.

So you could have far worse compulsions and we all understand as we are in the same boat here!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: AirborneSilva, Ht1kid, Sneezles61
Last edit: 03 Sep 2023 09:17 by jmendoza.
03 Sep 2023 09:17 #18

I am up to 6 now and just today my wife said “your project is done, I think you need a purple one” which made me think about a kaw H1 or H2!
Number 6!

happy wife good life 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
03 Sep 2023 16:54 #19

My wife was stuck on the "you can only ride one at a time" statement. I now have 6. A large infusion of inherited money has now replaced that with silence. She does not know that she is not getting any of it. I wish she would get a hobby, like knitting or collecting spoons.
76 Dt 125 75 Dt 175 75 Dt 250 75 Dt 400 09 FZ6R
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
03 Sep 2023 19:15 #20

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart