facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Gas tank progress

• principal282
  • principal282's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Gas tank progress was created by principal282

Using the time it takes to get some other stuff done to take care of the rust in the tank.  Holy bananas the gunk that came out. Been about the fourth time I've cleaned it. This time I did a week of vinegar,  screws,  rinse, pressure wash inside, then the por15 by instructions. Cleaned up the gas cap real nice too. I hate that I never remember before pics but I'll add a couple of Midway thru ones
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Schu
17 Oct 2021 12:40 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Enduro nut on topic Gas tank progress

Looking good! i used to use vinegar but got tired of messing with it. Now i just take it up to the local sand blaster, blast the whole tank myself, blow it out good, wash it out good and paint it. Sadly the tank for my 75 DT250 has a bunch of pins holes so im fighting that.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: principal282
17 Oct 2021 17:49 #2

• principal282
  • principal282's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by principal282 on topic Gas tank progress

The vinegar makes a mess, that's for sure. I can see where sandblasting would do it..
17 Oct 2021 17:59 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart