facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Please help me stop blowing headlights!

Replied by RT325 on topic Please help me stop blowing headlights!

Looks like you get 5 bulbs for not very much. Just make up some simple connections from green & yellow that was powering your sealed unit from the dip switch, plus an earth & then give it a rev 'with regulator'. I must say i've had heaps of regulators off rusty old yamahas & they still work good. Mainly talking the finned alloy body ones but have one steel body type i think was off a later DT250 that works ok with an earth wire as was mounted on plastic somewhere like under the aircleaner box in the dirt.

www.aliexpress.com/item/32916714802.html...%3Bsearch-mainSearch
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
Last edit: 03 Apr 2022 04:13 by RT325.
03 Apr 2022 04:02 #31

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Flowart on topic Please help me stop blowing headlights!

Thank you for all your info and research. I know the owner I got it off and he took really good care of the bike all its life (he bought it off the lot in 74) and I believe the battery could be original or maybe he bought a new one many moons ago. The battery is in good shape and holds a charge and seems to be charging from my readings. It being that old though it could be the problem? 

Gr8uncleal gave me a reply on one of my other questions (sorry guys Ill try and keep my replies to here to make it easier and less confusing). He mentioned attaching the regulator at the blue wire like mark mentioned before. He details it on post #13 on this thread.  1972 Yamaha LT2 - Restoring the Original Wiring - Page 2 - Vintage Enduro Discussions (yamaha-enduros.com)

I can try moving that regulator today. Just looking at the diagram I dont know why it would make a difference since i already have it regulator attached to the ac power? Wiring makes my brain hurt though so maybe im missing something haha. Theres a light that lets me know when the regulator is doing its job and it turns on when the lights are on and when i press the brakes when my headlight switch is off.

Thank you for all your info and research. I know the owner I got it off and he took really good care of the bike all its life (he bought it off the lot in 74) and I believe the battery could be original or maybe he bought a new one many moons ago. The battery is in good shape and holds a charge and seems to be charging from my readings. It being that old though it could be the problem? 

Gr8uncleal gave me a reply on one of my other questions (sorry guys Ill try and keep my replies to here to make it easier and less confusing). He mentioned attaching the regulator at the blue wire like mark mentioned before. He details it on post #13 on this thread.  1972 Yamaha LT2 - Restoring the Original Wiring - Page 2 - Vintage Enduro Discussions (yamaha-enduros.com)

I can try moving that regulator today. Just looking at the diagram I dont know why it would make a difference? Wiring makes my brain hurt though so maybe im missing something haha.

03 Apr 2022 09:56 #32

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart