facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

re-plating cylinders, where to send it.

• mdscott
  • mdscott's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter
My KDX cylinder plating is coming off, anyone know a good place to send.

Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'03 ST1300
'75 Norton
'73 CB500K
'81 Honda CT110
'87 PW50
'64 McClane Edger
'02 Honda XR70R
13 Mar 2020 12:50 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DEET on topic re-plating cylinders, where to send it.

Bill Bune Enterprises

www.billbune.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: nhsteve
13 Mar 2020 12:57 #2

Replied by RacerClam on topic re-plating cylinders, where to send it.

Hey thanks for the tip. Hant heard of him before . I have used Melenium but stopped using them because they have toooo much plating in the ports so I have been using US Chrome for several years bit had a few issues with them with improper clearances then the really blew it on a Bultaco I sent them ( big time ) and argued with me about it , The piston would NOT go through the cylinder but only an inch , there was no sign of cross hatch in half the cylinder and tried to tell me the sleeve spun in tnhe bore during shipping . So he had me send it back and said he would pay shipping but did not . When it came back to me the top fin was broke of , they didnt pack it at all just threw it in the box loosly with a bit of paper . I disputed the charge and dumped them . And actually the shop foreman hung up on me while talking . And I had to repair the cylinder , welde the fin back on .

They SUCK. I have used Power seal with good results

Rich
racerclam
13 Mar 2020 14:36 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart