facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Partzilla vs CMSNL websites

• Gr8uncleal
  • Gr8uncleal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Partzilla vs CMSNL websites was created by Gr8uncleal

Not a true "versus" really, more of a best of both worlds!

Sticking my ha'pworth in on a query has prompted me to post this.

I'm guessing that Partzilla is probably one of the go to sites for those in the US, and a cracking site it is too. There is a site in Holland called CMSNL and a few of us on this side of the Atlantic go there to get parts.

I think that, by and large, Partzilla has more complete records than CMSNL. However, one advantage that CMSNL has over Partzilla is that they often show coloured photos of a part, even if it is not in stock. This can be a great help when either sourcing or trying to id parts.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, FrankC, shyted, Yammiedodger
07 Jan 2020 03:39 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by shyted on topic Partzilla vs CMSNL websites

Did you know you get a collectable poster with orders from CMSNL?
I didn't untill i read it some place and i looked at my next to last order. Honda Black bomber.
I personally use CMSNL because the postage is good. £14.99 for anything up to 500Euro then it's free.
You have to watch some stuff in the "Genuine screw department". I ordered screws with captive washers for the air box lid on my DT 3. The ones that came were non genuine and the washers were just 6mm washers and they dont fit in the recesses on top of the lid. Bit naughty that.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
07 Jan 2020 03:56 #2

Replied by MarkT on topic Partzilla vs CMSNL websites

Great thread! Yes! Both are good resources...

Partzilla does have some photos too... mostly for "in stock" items... www.partzilla.com/product/yamaha/8J9-81940-10-00

And the Partzilla "show what other model parts list this part number shows up on" feature can be very helpful at times if used with common sense and a little knowledge... For example, there is no "magic piston" that fits both a 125 and 175... but it's also helpful to know that the 1990's US RT180 and US RT100 share quite a few parts with the late 1970's to 1981 DT175 and DT100...
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: FrankC, shyted, Gr8uncleal
07 Jan 2020 03:59 #3

• Gr8uncleal
  • Gr8uncleal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Partzilla vs CMSNL websites

Yes, the "this part is used on.........." function of both sites is great.

It's a real shame that no site shows the same info for UK/European models pre about 1980. Those of us over here who like our Yamaha air cooled RDs struggle sometimes, as there can be quite a difference between the US and UK bikes.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: shyted
07 Jan 2020 04:52 #4

Replied by shyted on topic Partzilla vs CMSNL websites

It's quite strange though that to an extent Suzuki have caught on to this and have a vintage parts section through Robinsons in Canterbury.
Fowlers on the other hand ,who are an excellent parts source and excellent service where Yamaha are concearned don't do vintage at all.
07 Jan 2020 11:16 #5

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart