facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Winterize. Any crazy tips?

• Luke
  • Luke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Winterize. Any crazy tips? was created by Luke

My normal thing is to try to keep fuel tanks full and run the carb dry. Sometimes I remember to put a stabilizer in the gas. Anybody go to extremes with this? Cover the bike in bear grease and cosmoline?
22 Nov 2019 09:49 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by KennyV on topic Winterize. Any crazy tips?

This time of year I drain all of the bike gas tanks, fill the tanks with fresh non ethanol premium with Stabil added. Then ride each one to get fresh fuel thru the carburetors. This has saved me from having any fuel related issues while they mostly sit during winter. I save the fuel drained from the bikes to use in my atv and generator through the winter.
71 Z50 Minitrail
20 CB500X Halfrica Twin
21 CRF300l Rally
22 Nov 2019 10:16 #2

Replied by FrankC on topic Winterize. Any crazy tips?

I don't live in a snowy type climate but I would plug the exhaust off and lube the chain and give her a good wax.
22 Nov 2019 17:20 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart