facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Just purchased - ‘76 DT175C

• nastyroxinc
  • nastyroxinc's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by nastyroxinc on topic Just purchased - ‘76 DT175C

Easy-X yes please! Can you send me a link...
04 Apr 2020 14:36 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eazy-X on topic Just purchased - ‘76 DT175C

The part number is 558-14418. If you do a simple Google search you'll find lots of parts sites... that don't stock it :(

Flip instead to Google Images and look for www.bukalapak.com/ links. For example:

Cover plus snorkel thingy

That one's listed as Rp1.250.000 (1.25 million Rupiah!) which is about 76 USD. No idea on the reliability of the suppliers, looks like some sort of Indonesian version of eBay. Looks to be lots of NOS and repro stuff on there but the search facility is pitiful.

<addendum> okay, so I've signed up for an account. Google Translate is now my best friend! There seems to be some love affair with DT100s in Indonesia; lucky that model is almost identical to the DT175 :) Dunno about shipping yet but I'm turning up things like petcocks for a few dollars, check it out!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, 2fishkev
Last edit: 05 Apr 2020 17:26 by Eazy-X. Reason: addendum
05 Apr 2020 17:08 #12

• nastyroxinc

Thanks. Finally got round to checking it out. Yeah, there’s a lot of stuff on! I’ll keep an eye over the coming months for something more local, and see how it goes...

Another question. What was the original finish on the engine side casings and front forks? Polished / lacquered / anodised / painted / none of the aforementioned?
12 Apr 2020 06:03 #13

Replied by Makotosun on topic Just purchased - ‘76 DT175C

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=193414450941&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

• nastyroxinc

Yeah, I saw that too. Sadly, it’s not the right part. ‘76 model has a different part #.
Last edit: 12 Apr 2020 06:44 by nastyroxinc.
12 Apr 2020 06:44 #15

Replied by Eazy-X on topic Just purchased - ‘76 DT175C

Yes, very similar but AFAIK the giveaway on the '76/77 part is a spot on top to clip a spare fuse.

Forks and crank case sides should be plain (bare metal + lacquer, mirror polish if you like.) TBH I don't think it much matters between plain metal or silver paint, if you're in need of covering up some damage. Depends how close you want to get to "straight from the showroom." :)
13 Apr 2020 12:57 #16

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart