facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

250 or 360?

• donniejoe
  • donniejoe's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by donniejoe on topic 250 or 360?

I'd love to share a couple of pictures.  It's got faded paint and some rust.  It's not particularly pretty but mechanically it's really good.  It needs the stuff you'd expect.  It's original except for a Preston Petty high fender that is period appropriate.  I'll probably keep it as long as I'm riding it and add a fork brace.  I'll find a low fender and install it later.  Oil and fuel tanks have some dings but they're totally serviceable.  Light rust in the tank but much better than most that you find.  Handlebars are aftermarket but straight.  Original 50 year old Dunlop tires have very little cracking, as good as you'll ever find with wear that matches the odometer at 1,900 miles.  Top end is quiet.  The decompression valve cable and lever are gone.  The valve doesn't leak.  She's got the original tool kit and pouch in great shape too.  I'm glad to have it.  I'm going to ride and enjoy it for a while, then do a nice restore when I have to quit riding it.  I've got a beautiful and original HT1 B with 380 original miles that I love but I just can't ride it.  I sit and admire it a lot though.  It's twin was my first true love.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
16 Jan 2023 09:10 #21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by mwsmith007@att.net on topic 250 or 360?

I currently ride an RT2. I love the bike (my second RT) over the years. Though I’m a retired guy in good health, starting the beast can be challenging. I think I’d go with the 250 for that reason ( and lighter weight).
13 Sep 2023 19:55 #22

Replied by mwsmith007@att.net on topic 250 or 360?

I ride an RT2 but find starting the beast to be a chore. I vote the 250 because it’s easier to start and lighter.
13 Sep 2023 20:48 #23

Replied by RT325 on topic 250 or 360?

Be minimal if any weight saving, but no stress starting for sure.
"74 250 is better still in my opinion if you weren't deadset on the earlier design.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2023 01:13 by RT325.
14 Sep 2023 01:12 #24

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart