facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CLUTCH Push Lever Assembly 214-16340-00

• z34m40
  • z34m40's Avatar Topic Author
Hello all,

Looking for one due to mine is about to fall to pieces, I'm shocked it still works !  
08 May 2021 11:20 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic CLUTCH Push Lever Assembly 214-16340-00

Gosh, mine must be getting close but not touched yet. Mind you i don't use the clutch except for moving off but don't tell anyone. Only say that because its at its closest point when clutch lever is pulled in at the handlebar. Sprocket nut still tight?. Not sure how to overcome that if you bought another actuator--its either RD350 or similar but wondering if ball was missing all along so to get it to work they've wound the cable up to which pulls the arm up & closer to the sprocket before you even start, so get closer once on full lift. All a guess but needs a new one. I'm using RD250-350-or 400 & works good. On my first one i mounted it under the little cover & retained by that little cover. Works perfect but is a pain to adjust as cover holds it together. Must've used a longer pushrod to reach on that one but gives it plenty of clearance that way. I guess the number you put up is the DT original but not what you have, so the actuating worn cut in the case plus extending out a bit will be gone.
Got to start it on the right spiral & have four choices on that type but only one is the right one. Looking at how far out it is you might find you can start it around one spiral but the cable arm probably won't go all the way back down before running out of travel. Then make sure the ball bearing is in the arm center. Its a compromise with that setup & as the pic shows it can't be mounted perfectly vertical as other small cover screws get in the way.
Last edit: 09 May 2021 02:49 by RT325.
09 May 2021 02:41 #2

Replied by RT325 on topic CLUTCH Push Lever Assembly 214-16340-00

Here's some random pics i found showing it mounted on the other angle so might be the way to go.   
09 May 2021 02:58 #3

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart