facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

RT3 carburetor reassembly

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic RT3 carburetor reassembly

The new repro cable that came with my RT2 needed the outer cover shortening by about 10mm. I could feel that the carb slide was way short when sticking my finger in from behind 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

(connecting hose to airbox not fitted at this stage). However, there was a slip of paper in the cable's packaging that said that this alteration might be necessary for some models.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Swoop56
20 Jun 2021 00:33 #51

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RT3Mike
  • RT3Mike's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by RT3Mike on topic RT3 carburetor reassembly

Great ideas gents.  I will have to tear it apart again I guess. Sounds to me like everyone is in agreement that the needle is not seating.  There doesnt seem to be much if any play in the in the throttle cable at all. IDK - I'll look into all of these suggestions and see what I can find. Really appreciate the input. 
20 Jun 2021 08:39 #52

Replied by LETSJET on topic RT3 carburetor reassembly

Don't over tighten the carb cap where the cable enters the carb, can cause binding in the cable. Betcha the throttle slide is not in correctly.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
20 Jun 2021 13:42 #53

• RT3Mike
  • RT3Mike's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by RT3Mike on topic RT3 carburetor reassembly

Thanks for the help everybody.  I discovered the issue and now the bike runs like brand new.  Underneath the black cone where the throttle cable goes into the carb, someone had put electrical tape on the cable attaching it to the adjustment nut which was keeping the needle from properly seating.  In addition when I put the carb back together the washer plate inside spring was in upside down so I changed that and took the tape off.  Bike runs like it just came off of the showroom floor.. Sooooo excited that it actually runs correctly.   Thanks to all with ideas!  Without them I wouldn't have found the tape and without the pics provided earlier in this post, I wouldn't have known that the washer was in upside down.  Pretty awesome group of folks on this site.    Happy Fathers day to all!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Gr8uncleal, Pete-RT1, Sneezles61
20 Jun 2021 19:49 #54

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart