facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Front Fender

• Crazy Horse 124
  • Crazy Horse 124's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Crazy Horse 124 on topic Front Fender

I assume this is what your referring to?
05 Nov 2022 13:58 #11

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Tom P on topic Front Fender

Yep that's the stuff. MarkT recommended it, and I think some others as well. When I put it on my rusty frame, it really brought out what paint was there, and it has seemed to stop any further rust on the rust spots on the frame, tank and elsewhere. I've also found it useful for many other applications. Works as well as Liquid Wanch on rusty tools, and it's safe to be applied over paint. It is expensive, but I believe it's worth it.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Crazy Horse 124
05 Nov 2022 14:18 #12

• YamahaForumUsername
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by YamahaForumUsername on topic Front Fender

you can always take the duplicolor out of the aerosol can with a nail, and pour it into a hvlp spray gun and you wont have any issues with the tiger striping or runs. just put can in the fridge till its cold, set the can somewhere you wouldn't mind being colored silver if things go wrong, and tap a small hole near the top of the can with a sharpened nail and hammer. Leave the can sitting for a few hours and it should stop hissing, then cut the can open, retrieve paint.
06 Nov 2022 12:07 #13

• Crazy Horse 124
  • Crazy Horse 124's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Crazy Horse 124 on topic Front Fender

Thanks, can't say I have done that before.
06 Nov 2022 12:15 #14

Replied by Lizeec on topic Front Fender

Another method in removing the paint product only is to turn the can upside down and press on the spray nozzle, you will get paint and spray for about 2 seconds and then it will continue to spray the aerosol but no paint, it will take a minute or two to empty the aerosol, reason being is their is a tube that goes from the spray tip to the bottom of the can, with the can being upside down the tube is no longer submerged in paint, then you can puncture the can to retrieve the liquid. That is a lot of work though just to get to the liquid paint, spray paint looks just fine if you take your time and prep everything correctly and follow the instructions on the can. If you are looking for show quality then you shouldn’t be looking at spray rattle paint cans.
Last edit: 06 Nov 2022 14:29 by Lizeec.
06 Nov 2022 12:36 #15

Replied by Tom P on topic Front Fender

If you're reasonably careful, you can get a pretty good result just using the can. Several light coats, then a couple heavier is what I did. It actually came out better than I expected, for using a can.
06 Nov 2022 12:56 #16

Replied by mike8162 on topic Front Fender

I usually clear mine after putting the silver on. A little trick that I've used is to hold the can back about 12 inches and mist it right after your last coat flashes off. The lacquer is still soft enough that it will melt in and lay down smooth and your metal flakes will be uniform. I will clear them with lacquer which usually dries around 80% gloss. Probably still a little shinier than factory but looks real nice. I have seen them done with urethane that I use on the tanks but that is way too shiny.
Cheers
07 Nov 2022 16:38 #17

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart