facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1970 RT 1360

• cornishmafia68
  • cornishmafia68's Avatar Topic Author

1970 RT 1360 was created by cornishmafia68

1970 RT1 360 YAMAHAFailed project to sell as it's just sitting in boxes in the garage. Frame has been powder coated and the engine has been fully rebuilt by Steve @ southdevonclassics .This was done a year ago and the engine has sat on the bench ever since at a cost of £550. I've sourced an original tank for it from the states which needs respraying and tweaking but doesn't leak....these alone are very hard to find. The stator was from an RT2 but i couldn't find an original at the time so i bought a modern replacement from Germany for a price of £440 so have that as well. It's on the motor but not fitted properly yet. The wheels are original but will need rebuilding as they're buckled. There's no lights on it as it came like that BUT i have had the frame and engine registered with Vintage Japanese motorcycle club agreeing it's good so I believe matching engine and frame numbers...please see photos. After all this why am i selling it , well basically I'm stuck with how to rebuild it and get the motor running. I've done all the expense work but just don't have the knowledge to rebuild it and it's just sitting in the garage doing nothing other then collecting dust. Please see photos...Bike in full was how i bought it and as you see it now is how it comes. There's most parts there to get it fired up but you may need to add some more parts if you wants light etc etc.... After being asked i haven't got a V5 for the bike as it was an unfinished project when i bought this so if anyone can give me advice as to how i can get a V5 for it it would be appreciated.....All i have is engine and frame numbers as there was no plate for it.Asking £1500 ovno for it and that's me out of pocket but these things are selling for 5K plus fully restores now so don't think that's an unreal price.Any questions please message me.PS Tried adding photos but i can't up load them for some reason so PM and i'll send them over,I live in deepest darkest Cornwall in the UK as well ......
Last edit: 08 Jan 2024 23:35 by cornishmafia68.
08 Jan 2024 23:31 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic 1970 RT 1360

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

from near Salisbury/Shaftesbury/Blandford.

A shame you're giving up on it, but I sort of understand why.

If it was originally a road legal bike (ie not a MX) and still needs a fair bit of work to get it back to that state, then you might be much better off breaking it for spares. 

Regarding photos, they can be uploaded via a third party host - I use Imgur.

If you wanted to get a V5, then you'll need to complete a V55/5. However, I'd be tempted to leave that for the new owner.
09 Jan 2024 00:36 #2

• cornishmafia68
  • cornishmafia68's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by cornishmafia68 on topic 1970 RT 1360

Appreciate the reply Gentleman and yes i've been looking into getting a V5 but unless finished it's no good to me....Open to offers and just going to have to take the hit i reckon. Now realise i'm more of a rider and fix the smaller problems rather then rebuilds.......NO YOUR LIMITS ..lol
10 Jan 2024 22:57 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart