facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Rotor

• Jewelkutter
  • Jewelkutter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by Jewelkutter on topic Rotor

Hello again , i was looking for the parts list for my dt250a and found the list on here but it only give the engine in english, it appears there is a full version in jappanese but not to helpfull for me any full detailed parts list availble ?
Thank you for any help
John
28 Nov 2020 11:02 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Rotor

You could try the Partzilla and CMSNL websites.
28 Nov 2020 11:46 #12

• Jewelkutter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

I was able to remove the rotor from the DT250A to find out where i left off 12 years ago after looking it over i noticed the screws that hold the magnets from the outside and 2 of them look like they have been messed with , i noticed what looks to be factory prick punch at each screw ? ( not sure) and 2 of them are buggered up.. (please see pics)
As i said in old post i thought there may have been broken magnets , i wasnt sure as i hadnt touched the bike in 12 years , i dont see any broken magnets but its hard to tell there condition unless you take it apart and to do that id have to drill out the prick punches and back out the screws, not an easy task for me..
I noticed the plastic grayish covering over the magnets , i can push on them and they move a little , is this normal ? I noticed where the screws come through on the inside of the magnets , most are smooth but one is not and its one of the buggered screws i was discribing , can i smooth it up and be ok to use i was gonna check the 2 screws in question and see how tight they feel if loose maybe some thread lock? , Any thoughts on the images i enclosed about the condition of this unit are greatly appreciated!
03 Dec 2020 08:56 #13

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by RT360Fan on topic Rotor

Those screws that hold the magnets are peened over, so not to be removed. Hard to tell if they have been messed with to the point that they now can be removed. If so, there is the danger of the screws backing out and magnets flying off at very high RPM.
03 Dec 2020 09:15 #14

• Jewelkutter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

just wondering any thoughts about running different rotors on 1974 DT250A if there is a better alternative other than an expensive electronic jobby
03 Dec 2020 12:20 #15

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Jewelkutter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Thanks for the advice on the screws on the rotor possibly backing out, the magnets feel tight and the screws do also , i still dont like it .
03 Dec 2020 13:07 #16

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart