facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Rotor

• Jewelkutter
  • Jewelkutter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Rotor was created by Jewelkutter

Hello Everyone,
Im new here, i was looking on the web to get info on this 1974 dt250a that was given to me the bike appears to have had a rough life,, its missing the speedo and tach , missing turn signals,, wires have been cut at the ignition switch and elsewhere,, its colored wires, so i may be able to stitch them back together the headlight is missing , the left handlebar control is missing . I kicked it over to check for spark and noticed a spark intermittantly i removed the rotor and noticed one or two magnets cracked that was 12 years ago and i havent looked at it again till now, i think the wiring maybe missing a 6 prong connector not sure , i havent gotten a manual yet , been trying to get a free one on the web to no avail. ( parts and shop manuals). I like the bike the paint is faded on the tank and it has a few dents on it but clean inside , i just feel its worthy of fixing , its difficult to find an exact rotor without spending an arm and a leg, same for a new wiring harness any advice on my subject would be greatly appreciated.
24 Nov 2020 13:34 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic Rotor

To get it running all you need is the black wire from the stator running direct to the plug coil. But if spark is still erratic the that's another story. Cracked magnets don't sound good. Not sure on things like that but if cracked right through & not just partly, does that muck up the north south of a magnet within itself--does it become two magnets at that point. Too hard for me!!. Welcome. Give the points a clean & try again. Make sure throttle is shutting down if you hot wire it like i said--or a quick way of pulling the wire off if throttle sticks open. Make sure you tighten the flywheel nut fully as they can eat crank keys for breakfast.
24 Nov 2020 13:45 #2

Replied by Pete-RT1 on topic Rotor

Welcome! from the UK.
The experts will be along soon to help.
This might be the manual you're looking for www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/worksho...nual/viewdocument/62
Yamaha CT1-B
Yamaha CT1-C
Yamaha AT1-C
Yamaha CT3
1978 Yamaha DT175MX
2020 Honda CB500X
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
24 Nov 2020 14:24 #3

• Jewelkutter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by Jewelkutter on topic Rotor

Thank you so much for the info on checking for spark, coil, black wire!! Thank you for that manual!! Wicked cool!!!
24 Nov 2020 14:49 #4

Replied by run103 on topic Rotor

your going to need brake shoes at both ends new air filter, clean up the mag area and adjust points and then the seat just to ride it have fun
Doug
24 Nov 2020 15:17 #5

• Jewelkutter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Im wondering if other year/model rotors will work with the with the 74 - Dt250A since im having difficulty finding an exact match also im wondering which is the correct thread puller for the 74 - DT250A rotor
Any info greatfully appreciated
Thank you!
24 Nov 2020 16:53 #6

• Jewelkutter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Thank you Doug, i started making a list of things it needs , been looking for a one stop shop that has everything
24 Nov 2020 16:55 #7

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic Rotor

On partzilla, one of several sites we use, here, you can work your way through Yamaha, motorcycle, 1974, DT250A, and finally flywheel/magneto to the diagram and parts list. Then by clicking on the part number, it will advance to a new screen
www.partzilla.com/product/yamaha/1M1-813...bfc626b11f1e86bb53db
which will tell you the other bikes where Yamaha used this rotor. For right now, just click on that link, and you're there.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C.
24 Nov 2020 17:21 #8

• Jewelkutter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Thank you for that link 26.00 on ebay dual puller 24mm 27mm and the different bikes that used that rotor thank you very much for info!
24 Nov 2020 18:30 #9

Replied by RT325 on topic Rotor

Here's another one. Ali express 32835669204
www.aliexpress.com/item/32835669204.html Link doesn't take you direct but copy the number into the Aliexpress search bar. Must be about the most common puller on the planet.
Last edit: 24 Nov 2020 19:02 by RT325.
24 Nov 2020 18:41 #10

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart