facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Hammer's RT-3 For Sale

• Hammer
  • Hammer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hammer's RT-3 For Sale was created by Hammer

Folks,

It's way past time for me to sell my RT-3.  It's been to at  least 54 California 'Dreamin get togethers.  I got a new knee in August, and I won't risk damaging it with my bike's kick-back problems.  It's true, that it has NEVER kicked back to bad for me, but you never know...It's a 1973 RT-3, with most of the mods I would have put on it, back in the day, IF I had had the money.  S&W Fork Springs, newer seals, head milled .005", Boysen reeds (with spares),  Sleeper Pipe #34 (I believe that's right), on a first-over top end (with a spare Wiseco Piston & Rings set in 2nd over), hammerhead shocks, spring-loaded chain tensioner, etc.  I am also running a 12V auto type H$ bulb with a voltage regulator (story on here as well), and having blown out a bulb since 2013.  It ran well for me, and never let me down, even after being sabotaged (the story on that is on the board here).  I used to ride this bike, on the freeway, from San Diego's East County where I lived, to my job at the Border where I was on Officer (when we HAD a Border...) and back, a round trip of 48 miles.  I have enough spares to keep it running for at least another 15 years-gaskets, points, condensers, coils, etc.  I have loved this bike, but it's time to go.  It hasn't been started for about 18 months, due to knee problems, but the carb bowl was drained when last I rode it.  

Price is $2500, somewhat negotiable, with all the spares included.  The rack, too, if desired.  I'd LIKE it to go to someone on this board, big time.  Dave Meis has ridden it, and can talk to it's performance, others as well most likely (Mako?).  If interested, I'm in the San Diego area, and can be reached at 619/300-2049.  I will not answer if driving, and I teach firearms two days a week (retired Fed, Instructor for 42+ years) and won't answer if in a class.  If you LEAVE a message, I WILL CALL BACK!

Stay safe, and God Bless you all.

Mark "Hammer" Hamesly

PS:  There is also a 2010 Kaw KLX250S (now a 330) with pumper carb, full exhaust, cam mods, etc. That is for sale as well.  Haven't ridden it for two years.  Have new rear turn signals, a 300cc top end, MANY spare parts.  Asking $2250.  
Who, More than Self, His Country Loved.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Enginerd, Snglsmkr
Last edit: 07 Mar 2024 16:59 by Hammer.
26 Feb 2024 16:05 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by darinm on topic Hammer's RT-3 For Sale

Great deal on both Mark, I hope they go to a good home and sorry you have to let them go!
1972 Yamaha CT2 175
1972 Suzuki TS185 Sierra
2000 Suzuki RM100
2003 BMW F650GS
2009 Yamaha WR250R
2013 Yamaha XT250
27 Feb 2024 18:23 #2

Replied by DVM on topic Hammer's RT-3 For Sale

WOW Mark!! That is a GREAT price that you are offering to our forum members! I sold my good running RT2 for well over a thousand dollars more than what you are willing to give our forum members your RT3 for. And I can vouch for your RT3, that it ran simply excellent on the California Dreaming rides!

Hey forum members, this bike is a winner and if anyone is interested should jump on this super good deal!!
Don
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C., MarkT
Last edit: 28 Feb 2024 15:54 by DVM.
28 Feb 2024 15:53 #3

• Hammer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Replied by Hammer on topic Hammer's RT-3 For Sale

Folks,

I REALLY want this bike to go to someone here. It will be posted here until mid-April when I will put it up on Craig's List--San Diego. If your are even interested at all, PLEASE text me or call me. You WON'T be disappointed. Oh, my tool kit for the California Dreamin' events comes with it, with all the spare levers, jets, etc.

Hammer
07 Mar 2024 17:02 #4

Replied by Knutco11 on topic Hammer's RT-3 For Sale

You've got me dreaming, ill say that for sure!  Dunno why, but the Baja brown always catches my eye!  Love the "Torque induction" badges on them too!  All the colors in 73' were great, but the green dt3's and Baja brown rt3's really pop!
07 Mar 2024 17:09 #5

• Hammer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

All,

I know I'll think of things to add until it's sold, so here goes. It's got a Barnett clutch and springs--the mods and Sleeper Pipe ended up producing enough power that it pulled the clutch right out of the bike. Also, the left side case has been modified to use a clutch actuator from an R5/RD-350. Your will NEVER have a clutch pull problem ever again. I'm also running a K & N air cleaner (I know some do not like them), and the oil pump is still installed and working just great.  The bike comes with a brand new battery with the electrolyte, AND if desired, a capacitor to run it without the battery at all. Look at it, you won't be sorry!  Spares include a spare rear cushion drive hub and a complete foot peg bar.  It also has allen case bolts everywhere.  Oh, the handlebars are CR-low bars as well--I liked them a lot, and it has both a working stock compression release and a secondary release in the spare plug hole.

Hammer
Last edit: 11 Mar 2024 12:33 by Hammer. Reason: Added information.
11 Mar 2024 12:26 #6

Replied by MarkT on topic Hammer's RT-3 For Sale

Great to hear from you Mark!  Last time we met/spoke was at California Dreamin' a few years ago...  I still have that old Husky cap you gifted me hanging on the handlebar of one of my 250CR's!

I'm a little sad you are selling your baby...  I'm definitely interested!  I'll have to see if I can sell some stuff to make room and generate some cash... before someone else grabs this sweet deal on a great bike!
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
11 Mar 2024 14:09 #7

Replied by Schu on topic Hammer's RT-3 For Sale

Ok. I see what you’re doing there Mark and Mark. Jigging the bait in front of all us fish. It sounds like an awesome deal. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
11 Mar 2024 14:28 #8

• Hammer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mark,

If you want it, I would LOVE to see it go to you, very much.  To someone who will appreciate it and ride it like it's meant to be ridden!  I'm in no hurry, if you want it, I'll hold it until you want it.  Text me at 619/300-2049 if you want it.  I also have a slightly tweaked rack with a new ramp that can go with it...

Hammer
11 Mar 2024 22:47 #9

Replied by Rick C. on topic Hammer's RT-3 For Sale

Seen it, and yeah... " She's a Peach "

Just wish I had some cash hanging around.
12 Mar 2024 23:44 #10

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart