facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Super Hunky (Rick Sieman) of Dirt Bike magazine passed away.

Very sad to hear of his passing, and appreciate the comments from similarly "afflicted" members here. I too recall reading his work, and enjoying everything he wrote. Gonna have to get Monkey Butt out again and re-read. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I recall an article/opinion/editorial he wrote that was set 'far in the future' that had a young man with a 'future' dirt bike that he was only ever allowed to run in an "approved" park. The "park" was actually essentially a mechanical bull setup that he lashed his bike to. He could, I believe, set the 'bull' for his 'skill level' and then "ride". On his way home one time he spotted an excavation site, and decided to attempt actually riding his bike there. He discovered that the 'bull' was in no way the equivalent of actually riding. Eventually the "authorities" discovered him and the outcome for him was not pleasant.

Basically, Rick foresaw a lot of what and how our preferred sport has become. Very prescient.

RIP
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
07 Jan 2024 07:21 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart