facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

This is not my last post here - There is no such thing as Yama-Capitulation

I agree with Tinkickers comments, a little story, I was a heavy equipment mechanic for many years, our service manager (Jeff) was a good person, I didn’t agree with a lot of his ways of managing the mechanics, at times there was about 20 of us and in my mind I would call him an idiot for some of the things he did, fast forward a few years later and I accepted a service manager position at another company and now was in charge of about 15 mechanics and anybody in this business knows that the mechanics that know their stuff have a chip on their shoulders and rightfully so, any how I found myself doing and saying some of the exact same things my previous service manager boss would do and now I understood why he said or did those things. What I am saying is the grass isn’t always greener on the other side and until you walk a mile in that persons shoes you have nothing to criticize them about.
Maybe a new forum will be great and competition is good for everyone, but if you feel you can’t have both and want to leave that is ok as well, don’t let the door hit you on the way out, it’s your loss for having a closed mind.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid, Sneezles61
Last edit: 06 Oct 2023 12:13 by Lizeec.
06 Oct 2023 12:10 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Schu
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter
Hopefully we can get our historical posts back on the forum someday. Very disheartening that they are gone.
Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
The following user(s) Liked this Post: hackman101
06 Oct 2023 17:08 #12

Sooo... here's my question: is the reason for another enduro website undergoing development due to the inability of the members to post up photos of their bikes and/or work?

Said inability really knocked the wind out of my sails a couple years back when I was rebuilding my '68. So much so that I pretty well just went dark for awhile. Photos did come back for a short time, but by then my progress was beyond what I had already posted and photographically documented, and I found it difficult to pick the thread back up and be coherent, which was, to me, an essential component of any good thread (i.e; tinkickers work).

I popped over to the legends site and will most likely sign up there as well. But there is so much info on this site already (like the tech library) that it seems a shame to lose that.

Wishing to continue on here and also post up photos, what resource(s) could I use? Photobucket? Others?

Suggestions?

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

07 Oct 2023 06:57 #13

• SKYDANCER46
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter
You can use Imgur. Works great for me. 

1970 DT250C
07 Oct 2023 07:40 #14

• Schu
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter
Personally I see no harm in being a member of both sites. It’s not a competition. At least not in my eyes. All good people with way more knowledge in this hobby than I will ever get on my own.
Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
The following user(s) Liked this Post: hackman101, Tinkicker
07 Oct 2023 07:44 #15

"You can use Imgur. Works great for me." 

+1

and Mark posted the way that you can upload the picture direct, as opposed to posting a link (see post #10 on the thread below).

DT250A Tank - Vintage Enduro Discussions (yamaha-enduros.com)
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, nhsteve
Last edit: 07 Oct 2023 07:47 by Gr8uncleal.
07 Oct 2023 07:45 #16

I'll be staying aswell. Think I started with this site in 2014 when restoring/rebuilding my trusty ole DT250A. The help and resources here are invaluable to me and I have a, now coveted, 'sleeper pipe' thanks to Dave Meis. Deet has been my go to for vin stickers, oil pump re-builds, clock repairs and 'o'rings for a couple of items. And 'Mark T' is a super resource for info on IT's if your building one and DT's too. Likes the 175's...(i think).
Heck I still check in regular to see what's goin on and from time to time offer what I can. Like my experience with Kreem tank liners, uhg !!! I now use Red Coat when needed. BTW, my latest project 'Brian' named after the guy it came from is a 1973 DT3 250. Will not look stock but coverted to a more friendly woods rider. minimal lighting, knobbies etc.
Thanks to Mako and his team for being great admin's to this site, I'll hang in there with you till you go bust or kick me off here.
1974 DT250A
1974 DT250A
1977 IT175D "Alex"
1978 IT175E
1972 DT2 "Adam"
1973 DT3
"And there ya have it"
Last edit: 07 Oct 2023 10:05 by Steve F. Reason: add info
07 Oct 2023 10:02 #17

• asco
  • asco's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter
Glad to see some replies to this post.

I doubt very much any old historical, hysterical or hypothetical posts will ever be recovered. Two events come to mind here. If it was truly important, the member could have saved or stored it. Secondly, I am guessing those or any other posts that disappeared “were due to an attempted upgrade glitch?”

When upgrading or updating, bad things do happen. 

It was discussed at the very last EnduroFest the Rides would be ending… After a decade or more of rides people’ probably decided they’d had enough and old age injuries were too risky. They simply opted out. That may have been the last chapter?

As far as enduro books being written on the subject, other discussion groups, it’s probably a goodbye to the old and hello to the new. Personally, I don’t care who spends 400 hours and/or 10 weeks in initial development, 18+ hours a month keeping watch and of course bandwidth issues. These bikes are fairly simple. They were built before control modules and breaker points are for the most part very user friendly.

Now a personal notation about myself. I found out yesterday from a simple hand x ray — I have a piece of metal 3/8” long ( perhaps loose wire wheel fragment ) that needs to be surgically removed. I am not pleased with one specific world class multiple sclerosis neurologist. He overlooked the obvious after being told ( something could be pressing, touching or impaled the median nerve ). So, for 128 days I have believed the doctor that I smacked and injured the nerve. I wanted a MRI because I believed it was scar tissue, it was on the surface and I was told by another doctor they wouldn’t approve that without a x ray.

Normally I do not apologize for anything. But in this situation the pain I initially endured was brutal. The pain was something I never experienced. So, if I came off rougher than normal, ( I know ) that would be the reason. Sleep patterns changed. Hopefully soon I will be in recovery mode.

Turning away customers is easy now..

asco
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
Last edit: 07 Oct 2023 10:51 by asco.
07 Oct 2023 10:49 #18

Hope you heal up quickly!!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: nhsteve
07 Oct 2023 17:38 #19

I use googlephotos but can only link them & not live.
Might be something i'm doing wrong but better than nothing.
I'll ask quietly [what's the other site talked about].
I seem to got slightly involved in a facebook AT/CT 1/2/3 thingy, but mainly when i'm sure i need to put my oar in when things are going astray & think i can help.
www.google.com/photos/about/
I use youtube also to put up videos here.
I'm not that computer savy when compared to the kids--grandkids lol--& problably even great grandies haha, but i get by.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2023 20:05 by RT325.
07 Oct 2023 20:04 #20

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart