facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

virago help.cpm

• loner
  • loner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

virago help.cpm was created by loner

Viragohelp.com down. I know Viragojoe had some health problems. Any chance anyone here knows where former virago help.com people went, what forum? Thanks in advance.
03 Aug 2023 19:01 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Schu on topic virago help.cpm

Virago help is no longer active. Virago Joe is fine. We still exchange emails. It is Rob who ran the forum that had health issues. Joe was not sure what happened, but Rob just disappeared. 
Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
04 Aug 2023 14:26 #2

Replied by gusll on topic virago help.cpm

Hi Schu, I was on the viragohelp forum also, just would like to contact Virago Joe by mail, can you ask him please If I can reach him that way, I preciate your help.

Gustavo
08 Aug 2023 18:44 #3

Hi Gustavo, 
Please understand that I cannot  give out Virago Joes contact info.  However, I sent him a screenshot of your PM which displayed your email address. Hopefully he will reach out to you soon. He is the most knowledgeable person when it comes to all things Virago. We rode together a few times when I had my XV1100. They are weird bikes,, but very reliable when properly maintained. And surprisingly fast for a Vtwin.
Schu

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, nhsteve
Last edit: 08 Aug 2023 19:31 by Schu.
08 Aug 2023 19:22 #4

Thank you Schu. Best regards.
08 Aug 2023 22:16 #5

Hi Schu, I want to thank you , ViragoJoe and I are exchanging mails, talking not just about  bikes, but some other topics also, he is going to give his Virago to a relative.
I just wonder, why do you call viragos weird bikes? Just out of curiosity.

Good rides Schu,

Gustavo

28 Aug 2023 07:36 #6

I’m glad you connected with Virago Joe. I am sure he will continue to support you in any way he can.

There were various things that I stumbled across during the few years I had my XV1100 that I had never encountered with all my previous bikes. One that comes to mind is the unique fuel system with the auxiliary tank as opposed to simply having a reserve selection on the fuel petcock, which the Virago doesn’t even have a petcock.

If I recall correctly, a low fuel light would come on, at which point you had to flip an electrical switch on the right side hand controls and it would suck fuel from that auxiliary tank. But yet that auxiliary tank always refreshed itself under normal use.

And I recall there was a lot of air lines and/or vacuum lines that I really wanted to eliminate but Joe always warned against it. They were routed thru one of those huge chrome knorbs on each side where your knees wanted to be.

But it really was a great bike, and surprisingly fast. Surprising to those who I walked away from off the line. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Schu

28 Aug 2023 09:34 #7

HI Schu, I agree with you about the design of the XV1100, fortunately mine has a simpler design, regarding to the fuel system, is a XV750, 1995. It has a traditional petcock, no fuel pump, one fuel tank.

I´ve been watching some pictures of your bikes, nice collection you have.

I would like to know why you choosed yamaha as your brand?, why yamaha and no other japanese or other brand?

I must say I haven't had other bikes than this one, and just find it superb in manufacturing, although is and old bike, just keeping it in shape, just takes to do appropriate maintenace.

Gustavo
08 Sep 2023 07:43 #8

Thanks for the compliment on my old Yamaha collection. The reason I went with Yamaha is mainly a psychological problem… I have an uncontrollable urge to collect things in sets. I’ve done it with guns, knives, guitars, and even dogs.

My collection started with a little 1975 DT125B. I was looking for something to do over the winter months and decided to refurbish an old bike from back in my teenage years. I enjoyed that process so much that I have been doing it now for about 12 years.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
Schu

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, RT325, Ht1kid, msavitt, Sneezles61
08 Sep 2023 09:24 #9

Thanks for sharing the video, nice looking bikes, now I see why the virago did not really fit in the bunch, the SCR950 is more likely. I must say I also like to restore old engines, what is the point in buying a 28 year old virago if not, right? But I found it in pretty good condition actually. Here it is a picture of my XV750 '95.

I followed the link to Youtube, and see you like to take some videos, very good. I asked Joe for a picture of his bike and sent to me this one I share with you, Are you in that picture? He told me, you both had done some riding a time ago.

Joe´s bike is the one at the far left.

Gustavo
08 Sep 2023 17:58 #10

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart