facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

I need help with condenser spec for 69 DT 250

• pmb
  • pmb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi everyone. I am trying to find the specs for the condenser on my 69 DT1B 250. I have looked through the manual and I can't find a value. The Yamaha part number is not available so I am trying to get an alternative. I am also wondering how generic the condenser is. Maybe someone can recommend a known successful generic alternative. Thanks 
02 Aug 2021 12:44 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tons of them on eBay.

I also have them if you can't find what you want.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
02 Aug 2021 14:28 #2

My DT2 bible says resistance 3 M 'can't find next cymbal, upsidedown U.
Capacity 0.25 ?F U shape cymbal.. If in doubt just hang a second condenser from the wire into the plug coil & earth it. Honda run there's attached to the plug coil. ps, dt2 is as near as i can find to dt1 in my stuff.

Last edit: 02 Aug 2021 17:28 by RT325.
02 Aug 2021 17:27 #3

0.22 microfarads +/- 10% from page 62 of the service manual at yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/service-man...ctory-service-manual

From my experience I agree with DEET in that it is better to buy a suitable genuine or aftermarket replacement than to find some random replacement.  It also has to survive the temperature, vibration and voltage it is exposed to in the engine.

Good luck!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Swoop56
02 Aug 2021 17:28 #4

RT325 said " My DT2 bible says resistance 3 M 'can't find next cymbal, upsidedown U."

That is an insulation resistance value.  The upside down U is really the Greek letter omega, and represents ohms.  After discharging (shorting out) the disconnected condenser, using an ohm meter the resistance should be 3 megohms (3 million ohms) or more.  It is a measure of how leaky electricity wise the condenser is.
02 Aug 2021 17:56 #5

Found my dt1e manual stamped july 1970 from work. Says 0.22 & 3MU--'upsidedown'.
02 Aug 2021 17:57 #6

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart