facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Vape ignition wiring & autolube question

• Youngdrakeo
  • Youngdrakeo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Vape ignition wiring & autolube question was created by Youngdrakeo

Hey team

Just installed my vape ignition on my Ct3
​​​​​​I have ran the 1x hot wire out of the regulator too the main yellow wire in the ct3's loom. This powers my headlight/taillight and horn. No battery. 

Do I just leave the other 4 wires that are normally in that mains plug to the old stator alone? None of those also need to be connected too the 12v dc vape wire?  What about the old silicon rectifyer? Leave those wires unplugged? 

As for the autolube. I just had my pump rebuilt but I didn't think about the fact that I'm not running the stock 24mm carb anymore. I'm running a vm34. Would this mean I need more oil for how much more fuel/air im pulling? 

Much appreciated. 

Cheers
​​​​
73 CT3 modified, 74 AG175 MX, 79 YB100 x2 , 79 GT 80 ,2015 ducati scrambler ,honda CT70
21 Jun 2021 06:55 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DEET on topic Vape ignition wiring & autolube question

Your Autolube pump was engineered for the volume/rpm capacity of that engine.
This airflow can't change without pressurizing what comes into the cylinder.

A carb must supply the correct fuel/air ratio regardless of size.
The ideal mixture for optimum combustion has to enter the cylinder regardless of the carb size.
The carb cannot make the engine displacement any larger.
Velocity of the mixture can be affected by the carb size... smaller carb=higher velocity.... bigger carb=lower velocity (imagine a garden hose nozzle)

So the pump is injecting oil into the airstream based upon the Autolube design for that CC engine.
My reasoning says there should be no difference.

And if you premix, there would also be no difference.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT360Fan, swm, msavitt
21 Jun 2021 08:02 #2

Replied by MarkT on topic Vape ignition wiring & autolube question

I don't know how your horn will work as yellow is normally only headlight (and maybe taillight in your country).

Brake light and horn would usually run off the brown...  several ways to wire...  are you using the stock ignition switch and do you want it to control lights like it does now?
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
21 Jun 2021 18:11 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart