facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1976 Yamaha GT80

• mmmmsass4
  • mmmmsass4's Avatar Topic Author

1976 Yamaha GT80 was created by mmmmsass4

My GT80 bogs badly and is impossible to start. There is very little resistance on the kickstarter and compression is low. I want to do top end and replace piston & rings plus replace all gaskets on motor. My piston is stamped with "50" on dome, I don't see any other markings. Can someone with more knowledge than me assist with what size piston I should buy or point me to a supplier?
THANKS!
01 Apr 2020 06:39 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic 1976 Yamaha GT80

Welcome!

50 usually means 0.5mm oversize. For Yamahas that (again, usually!) means second oversize.

Check out your bike on Partzilla or CMSNL to see what oversize Yamaha produced for that model. However, before ordering anything, get your engineer/reborer to have a look at it in case it needs to go two more sizes up.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: 2fishkev
01 Apr 2020 07:53 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart