facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Does anyone know a shop that repairs an original 1977 Yamaha IT400 tank???

• XRArin
  • XRArin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi all,

I recently bought my 6th motorcycle which is a 1977 Yamaha IT400 for only $800!!! The only issue is someone put a clarke IT175 gas tank on it instead of the stock tank. I just bought a stock 1977 Yamaha IT400 tank through facebook marketplace (was very lucky to find a nice one!). 

I was told by the owner of the tank that it has some noticeable cracks but does not leak fuel whatsoever. But when it starts to leak in the future.....I need to have it professionally sealed since these tanks will become impossible to find.

Please let me know If any of you know a shop or business here in California or the US that can professionally seal old plastic tanks like the IT400 tank coming in the mail. I Just want the best for the bike to be honest.

Arin

21 Mar 2023 19:37 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looks like they are going to get newIT400C plastic tanks made

see this thread
yamahait.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,25684.0.html

They are looking for expressions of interest

Edit, sorry i realise yours is 77 not 76, however, reach out to the same guy because the company may do other tanks too. they have just completed 250/465 IT tanks. The same company did Suzuki PE tanks and they turned out great too.

You can not repair plastic fuel tanks that have cracked/split.
Last edit: 06 Apr 2023 06:07 by LWC82PE.
06 Apr 2023 06:06 #2

• XRArin
  • XRArin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I just had a motorcycle dealership take on the job and plastic welded the short crack. Its colored black but I have matching paint and will paint over the tank to blend in so it doesn't look like if its even there. it only cost me $50 to get it fixed but was done professionally.

Arin
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C.
09 Apr 2023 16:07 #3

I just put a 'For Sale' ad up the other day with a ton of Yamaha IT parts that includes 8, yes 8 nice original fuel tanks.
Last edit: 05 May 2023 08:36 by Scout SS II.
05 May 2023 08:26 #4

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart