facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Weird DT100 starting behavior

• RT325
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Replied by RT325 on topic Weird DT100 starting behavior

Yep meant welding brazing sorry. Was just a thought thinking out loud--what i'd do. Probably isn't as much clearance as it feels out at the end of the shaft.
& the hole is likely not round so maybe not the best [my best] plan. All good--carry on.
ps, i've forgotten exactly how it looks on that model but be good if a splined lever could be clamped direct to the change shaft without the linkage. But i guess its linkage'd for a reason like chain gets in the way. Not yamahas best design.
03 Aug 2023 02:28 #31

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Yamfan on topic Weird DT100 starting behavior

The play between a new shift cover, and shift shaft (which is not itself badly worn), is excessive, and this in combination with the hole in the case, where the shift shaft fits, being worn oval, means that the gear change will never be great.

A bushed shift shaft housing will remove all play from the outer cover. The case ideally needs to be bored and a bush fitted. However, with great care the worn crankcase hole can be smeared with something like Devcon F, then the gear change shaft fitted, after coating with some sort of release agent.

Leave it a couple of days to fully harden, and remove the shaft and clean everything up, before reassembling. If the cover has a grease nipple fitted, and it's lubed with heavy oil, that repair will last for quite a while.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
Last edit: 03 Aug 2023 12:05 by Yamfan.
03 Aug 2023 12:01 #32

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart