facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

rough running

Replied by RT325 on topic rough running

& don't forget to look deep down in the tail muffler with baffle removed & see if it's an open hole to the short pipe or if you can see a twirly jet engine looking restriction. If it's not there then that's good & i'll shut up, & may not have that if its a super long baffle. Shine a torch in there-- please.

Could try it minus the airbox or just the hose to the cab removed. My RX125 rad bike had a very restrictive baffle to stop inlet noise & was where the inlet hose met the airbox. Was an original part like a fitting bung with about 10 holes in it. Of course i removed it & still have it hanging on a nail.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2020 04:31 by RT325.
21 Jul 2020 04:25 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wayno
  • wayno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by wayno on topic rough running

will look at the exhaust soon as I get a chance, going to make the most of a night shift afternoon and nice weather, taking the z900 for a run around the Gower.
21 Jul 2020 05:31 #12

• wayno
  • wayno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by wayno on topic rough running

been a while since I updated this thread, apologies, RT325 it does indeed have a jet engine thingy in the tail section of the muffler. I have since upgraded the ignition system to 12v but still not quite right still has a miss while at steady throttle.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
17 Sep 2020 08:14 #13

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart