facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Wire Route

• tlh0824
  • tlh0824's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Wire Route was created by tlh0824

1976 DT 400
Hello, I am trying to figure out the proper location of the wire looms from the headlight. Do any of these wires go through the frame underneath the neck? or do they both go through the bracket, under the tank? if anyone has a picture that would be great. I know there is a routing diagram, but its a bit confusing.
Thank you
Tom
07 Nov 2019 09:09 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gr8uncleal
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Wire Route

I don't have a DT400 and so can't post pictures. However, I do have a DT360 and used the cable Yamaha cable routing diagram for that.

I agree that they do need to be looked at carefully. Just in case you weren't aware, where there is a broken line, this is showing the route of an item, but it means that it is going behind whatever it is printed over. So on your attachment, it means that the rubber cover and the wires therein sit on the left side of the front of the frame.
07 Nov 2019 10:08 #2

Replied by Lizeec on topic Wire Route

Those wires in your picture sit inside the frame cavity where the (2) frame down tubes merge, the picture is showing the slot where the fuel tank rubber sits in and the holder for the throttle cable junction.
Last edit: 07 Nov 2019 11:16 by Lizeec.
07 Nov 2019 11:15 #3

• tlh0824
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by tlh0824 on topic Wire Route

I have three sets of wire, the key wire, the gray switch wire, and the main wire loom. All three wire sets are on the left side (shift side). Currently, the key wires and the switch wires go through the frame and the main loom goes around. It feels a little goofy and the previous owner half-assed a few things so I wouldn't be surprised if this was wrong. Does anyone know the correct path? I attached some pictures.
Thanks, Tom

I am having trouble uploading photos
Last edit: 08 Nov 2019 07:15 by tlh0824.
07 Nov 2019 14:35 #4

• tlh0824
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by tlh0824 on topic Wire Route

photos
Last edit: 08 Nov 2019 07:18 by tlh0824.
08 Nov 2019 07:16 #5

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart