facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

RT 2

• quidger
  • quidger's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by quidger on topic RT 2

Yes, I checked and it is installed. The chain guard dowel measures 6.7mm ID and  my mystery part is 4.9mm ID.
It’s the same profile but just a bit larger. Good detective work on your part. You are obviously very familiar with the parts on Yamaha’s.
I appreciate your input.

Regards 

27 Oct 2023 18:44 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic RT 2

"Yes, I checked and it is installed. The chain guard dowel measures 6.7mm ID and  my mystery part is 4.9mm ID.
It’s the same profile but just a bit larger. Good detective work on your part. You are obviously very familiar with the parts on Yamahas."

Chain guard dowel takes a M5 screw, so internal diameter (not easy to measure accurately) should be around this figure - it looks like yours is. The other dimensions of yours also tie up with a chain guard dowel.

The dowel with the larger internal diameter will be for the oil tank (uses 2) or the battery box (uses 1).
28 Oct 2023 01:42 #12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart