facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Mikes XS 650 clutch actuator - Problem and looking for advice

• Franjo
  • Franjo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
@RT325
Mine is totally set "in" little below horizontal (maybe 10 degree down). The worm gear has "4 threads" and you can get a closed position every 90°. The problem there is the lenght of your clutch cable. That was the reason, why I bored in two new holes to get the arm completely seated in the gear in this position. If you set the arm seated close to vertical you also need little more power to pull the lever.
Regards
Franjo
27 Jun 2021 23:56 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yes not sure if said what i meant properly but have mine so the arm pulls from as far down as practical. Probably only ends up horizontal at full lift.
28 Jun 2021 02:10 #12

Mine on this 'mess' that works great with one finger pull looks like the screws aren't vertical like i thought but around a bit. Must've been necessary to get the cable arm way down for the best pull angle.
On my other one i inserted it from the outside so is vertical 'straight up n down' retained by the little cover with screws to get arm out at probably below 90 degrees to pull which is how it would have been on the RD350 it came off. Good actuators those.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun
28 Jun 2021 02:29 #13

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart